XP loss

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: XP loss

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:Now I could be wrong, but JJ, you are currently 15k exp so it would be 100% beneficial for you if people who have worked for experience were to lose more exp and you will be naturally biased on this. Same goes for Infinity at 13k. Beau is admittedly slightly higher at a more respectable 43k, but he's still beaten by a good 40 players or so.
Overall this thread is predominantly lower exp players arguing for increased experience loss so it's hard to tell how much is biased and how much is truly objective.
I was 34k and lost 19k in 2 planet deaths and a death to a player yesterday, don't base anything on what my current exp is and furthermore I believe its a bit suspect to assume that we are just complaining because we are low exp, when all 3 of us have traded high before. All this high exp low loss formula is doing is causing an imbalance in the game, there is no way to catch up because like you have said for other things, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. All you are going to cause is someone to race up to 200k and then be able to cloak over almost everyone for the rest of the game because even if they die they will still have a major advantage, unless they die to a planet or port.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Page wrote:Now I could be wrong, but JJ, you are currently 15k exp so it would be 100% beneficial for you if people who have worked for experience were to lose more exp and you will be naturally biased on this. Same goes for Infinity at 13k. Beau is admittedly slightly higher at a more respectable 43k, but he's still beaten by a good 40 players or so.
Overall this thread is predominantly lower exp players arguing for increased experience loss so it's hard to tell how much is biased and how much is truly objective.
+2
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

I dunno, other then a couple folks, nobody has raced up the xp ladder this round. Yhea PVP deaths dont hurt quite like they used too but its not really a massive shift, nobody would die once before and never cloak on people again, they do what greed did, hop back in a trader for a few days and then go on another cloaking spree. IMHO its pretty unbalanced that only people that are solo can get high xp, if your an active part of an alliance you stand almost no chance of making it past 50k and definitely not staying there. Ive earned 61k xp this round, im at 24k currently, if I had 100k, I would still be at 24k. If it were up to me I would try and figure out a way to make people who are active helpful alliance members at least similar xp levels to folks that just login for 10 mins a day and click a bit.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

the570z wrote:I dunno, other then a couple folks, nobody has raced up the xp ladder this round. Yhea PVP deaths dont hurt quite like they used too but its not really a massive shift, nobody would die once before and never cloak on people again, they do what greed did, hop back in a trader for a few days and then go on another cloaking spree. IMHO its pretty unbalanced that only people that are solo can get high xp, if your an active part of an alliance you stand almost no chance of making it past 50k and definitely not staying there. Ive earned 61k xp this round, im at 24k currently, if I had 100k, I would still be at 24k. If it were up to me I would try and figure out a way to make people who are active helpful alliance members at least similar xp levels to folks that just login for 10 mins a day and click a bit.

No one did because the racial routes are so terrible this game, but there is a huge discrepensy between say 20k and 70k right now when it comes to damage and because exp loss is at a minimal those that are at 70k are going to stay high even if they die several times compared to those at 20k.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

137k vs 18k

Come Find Me:) (98) has been DESTROYED, losing 18,651 experience.
JettJackson (28) salvages 2,645,677 credits from the wreckage and gains 8,808 experience.

This to me is too low of a loss, and does nothing to effect their ability to cloak and have the attack code too much in their favor.

Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

The 18k gained two levels, the 137k lost 2 levels, it went from a 16 level difference to a 12 level difference. Had the 18k died instead then he might have lost one level as he was close to the boundary but I really doubt the 137k would have gained a level. So in one direction you get a 4 level change and in the other you get a maybe 1 level change.
The 18k player gained almost an extra 50% exp and the 137k lost around 13.6% of their exp.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:The 18k gained two levels, the 137k lost 2 levels, it went from a 16 level difference to a 12 level difference. Had the 18k died instead then he might have lost one level as he was close to the boundary but I really doubt the 137k would have gained a level. So in one direction you get a 4 level change and in the other you get a maybe 1 level change.
The 18k player gained almost an extra 50% exp and the 137k lost around 13.6% of their exp.
What would have it been before the change though.

Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

I think the way that Page has the xp loss currently is ideal. We want an xp loss when you die, however we do not want to discourage those that are new or only here for the trading to go elsewhere just because they died once and lost 33% of their xp.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Grey Death wrote:I think the way that Page has the xp loss currently is ideal. We want an xp loss when you die, however we do not want to discourage those that are new or only here for the trading to go elsewhere just because they died once and lost 33% of their xp.
It was 20% before the change, except for dying to mines/planets/ports, something newbies sometimes do, much more than vets. Those 3 are 33% I believe so if this is a benefit to newbies it was done backwards compared to what kills newbies. Although if we made this type of loss for newbies only 10% and 20% for vets that would be a nice compromise.

Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

JettJackson wrote:
Page wrote:The 18k gained two levels, the 137k lost 2 levels, it went from a 16 level difference to a 12 level difference. Had the 18k died instead then he might have lost one level as he was close to the boundary but I really doubt the 137k would have gained a level. So in one direction you get a 4 level change and in the other you get a maybe 1 level change.
What would have it been before the change though.
Before the change they would have lost about 37.2k (27.25% would have been the actual number I think)