XP loss

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

SpaceSock
Quiet One

XP loss

Post by SpaceSock »

Chang it back to where XP los from a death mattered. I died at 20k roughly and lost around 1k XP. Thats pathetic. What are you going to do when someone decides to trade to 200-300k and get a DC. If you kill them they will still be able to cloak over everyone. They can die repedetly and barely hurt them.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: XP loss

Post by Freon22 »

It must be a bug, you may want to report it in the bug forum. BUT if this means that Page is trying to lessen the hit players take on pods then that is cool. I think that a 1k out of 20k isn't enough. What are you setting it at flat 5% of your exper? You may want to adjust it up just a little, what was it before a flat 15% or 20%? If so you may want to try 8 or 10% and see how that works out. Maybe even look at a sliding scale type of a exper lost, but I am happy to read that you guys maybe looking at adjusting to exper lost from pods.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

The base is 10% compared to 20% before, and the per level is lower, .5% per level diff instead of 1% I think. Either way it's in the changelog.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Nobody has high xp yet, lets see how the rest of the round goes at this rate before deciding to change it again. This is one of those deals that can be tweaked over a couple games till we find a great middle ground.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

If bugged, it will be only for italics, cause i had one lose only 1k while he was supposed to lose 5k. Rest of the deaths appear to be in the expected xp loss ranges.

I do agree that it has been lowered too much, but Derek does have a point - lets wait and see, it is easily tweaked.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Yeah I am going to have to agree here that exp loss is too low, I died last night and I want to say I lost about 1600 exp, Which at 27000k is nothing. I don't think i even lost a level
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Planet/port deaths should be adjusted to be consistent with player death too. I had 2 planet deaths and lost over 50% vs 5-10% from player deaths
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

The experience for PvP exp loss was adjusted because of the trade ship changes, the trade ship changes do not affect deaths to ports/planets hence why they haven't been changed (whether they should is a separate discussion, but unrelated to trade ships).
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

JettJackson wrote:Yeah I am going to have to agree here that exp loss is too low, I died last night and I want to say I lost about 1600 exp, Which at 27000k is nothing. I don't think i even lost a level
JettJackson (28) has been DESTROYED, losing 2,899 experience.
SpaceSock wrote:Chang it back to where XP los from a death mattered. I died at 20k roughly and lost around 1k XP. Thats pathetic. What are you going to do when someone decides to trade to 200-300k and get a DC. If you kill them they will still be able to cloak over everyone. They can die repedetly and barely hurt them.
DeliriumTrigger (42) has been DESTROYED, losing 1,776 experience.

So what we appear to have learnt is that people seem to greatly underestimate how much experience they have actually lost.
Anyway, in future combat logs/attack screens show you how much experience the person dying has lost, as well as how much the killer has gained.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:
JettJackson wrote:Yeah I am going to have to agree here that exp loss is too low, I died last night and I want to say I lost about 1600 exp, Which at 27000k is nothing. I don't think i even lost a level
JettJackson (28) has been DESTROYED, losing 2,899 experience.
SpaceSock wrote:Chang it back to where XP los from a death mattered. I died at 20k roughly and lost around 1k XP. Thats pathetic. What are you going to do when someone decides to trade to 200-300k and get a DC. If you kill them they will still be able to cloak over everyone. They can die repedetly and barely hurt them.
DeliriumTrigger (42) has been DESTROYED, losing 1,776 experience.

So what we appear to have learnt is that people seem to greatly underestimate how much experience they have actually lost.
Anyway, in future combat logs/attack screens show you how much experience the person dying has lost, as well as how much the killer has gained.
If I was in the alliance I'd known what my experience loss was, either way I still didnt lose a level, the exp number is just a number at that point, level losses are what matter.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all