Account Sitting

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Account Sitting

Post by Infinity »

and your alliance mate decides all funds should be in the AA, and they clean out your account?
LOL

I'd do that surely, as emergency money is alliance money too. (ofc, this depends on the leader and withdrawal limits)

However, this wouldn't even be abuse.
Use The Force(s)!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

under preferences you can allow someone to use it, and you only lend it to someone you trust ? it can only be lent to an alliance mate. and anyways all funds should be in the alliance account.
ImageImage
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Post by SpaceSock »

lol This post is stepping outside the realm of possibility into pure fantasy. Account sitting is a terrible Idea. What happens wher your account sitter and you have a falling out and 6 months down the road hes randomly logging into your account to spy on the enemy alliance?
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

SpaceSock wrote:lol This post is stepping outside the realm of possibility into pure fantasy. Account sitting is a terrible Idea. What happens wher your account sitter and you have a falling out and 6 months down the road hes randomly logging into your account to spy on the enemy alliance?
cant account sit for 6 months.. it should only be for 1 week. and 1 week every 2 months
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

and maybe only the allianc eleader would be able to account sit..
ImageImage
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Post by SpaceSock »

i meant he would have your account info and 6 months later could randomly log into your account without your permission or knowledge.
Meh
Quiet One

Post by Meh »

SpaceSock wrote:i meant he would have your account info and 6 months later could randomly log into your account without your permission or knowledge.
If this was ever implemented (and I hope it doesn't - I'm against it), it would have to be via the ingame interface, so they wouldn't have your login info at all.
It'd have to be something like, you go into preferences, select another user, select a start date & time, and an end date & time, and they would get a special 'play game' button for your character inside their own login, and you'd have to do this each time you wanted to go on a vacation. They wouldn't be able to get access to your account next month when the cooldown wears off. You'd have to set the vacation again.

Additionally, it'd have to have something like, if you login at any point during your vacation, then the vacation is automatically cancelled, the other user is booted out of your ship, and you go on the month long cooldown. (IE, you can't start another vacation right away, even if you didn't use the full week before logging back in).
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Post by SpaceSock »

I am 100% against account sitting idea.
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I played Tribal Wars too, and always felt that even in that game, account sitting was exploited/abused.