Account Sitting

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Account Sitting

Post by N.ator »

how about if someone goes on vacation what is going to happen to your account..

we should have this option where you can pass your account to another player..

1. Can only pass an account to one person for every month,
2. Lasts only max for 1 week..
3. they are able to do everything youcould normally
4. Can only log on one of them at a time.
5. The other person has to be in the same alliace as you.
5.1 . if you are both in no alliance, that will work

- maybe make it so you have a 10 minute stall on switching accounts.. so you cant use one to benefit the other
Much too easily abusable and much too hard to enforce, all it does is require a lot more effort for very little benefit and as such I personally don't see it being worth it.
ImageImage
silverx2
Quiet One

Re: Account Sitting

Post by silverx2 »

makes the better alliances stronger. provides constant watch over planets during raid times.

say im american, i could pass my account to a euro and they could watch stuff as i slept.
i killed orca.
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Way too much room for abuse IMO.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Page wrote:
N.ator wrote:how about if someone goes on vacation what is going to happen to your account..

we should have this option where you can pass your account to another player..

1. Can only pass an account to one person for every month,
2. Lasts only max for 1 week..
3. they are able to do everything youcould normally
4. Can only log on one of them at a time.
5. The other person has to be in the same alliace as you.
5.1 . if you are both in no alliance, that will work

- maybe make it so you have a 10 minute stall on switching accounts.. so you cant use one to benefit the other

what do you think of this idea? i will also post it int he suggestioin board
Much too easily abusable and much too hard to enforce, all it does is require a lot more effort for very little benefit and as such I personally don't see it being worth it.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

too abusable and hard to keep track on.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

silverx2 wrote:makes the better alliances stronger. provides constant watch over planets during raid times.

say im american, i could pass my account to a euro and they could watch stuff as i slept.

that is why we set a limit.. you can only account sit once per month, and only up for a week.
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

As I play Tribalwars I know all about account sitting...

Though i dont see the practicality of it here, its not like if your gone for a month you can be attacked providing your in fed. There is no 'risk' factor for a player in SMR that would warrant this type of activity.

That and the number of checks that would need put in place to keep it from being abused far out number the benefits it would provide.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

RCK wrote:As I play Tribalwars I know all about account sitting...

Though i dont see the practicality of it here, its not like if your gone for a month you can be attacked providing your in fed. There is no 'risk' factor for a player in SMR that would warrant this type of activity.

That and the number of checks that would need put in place to keep it from being abused far out number the benefits it would provide.
Look on the bright side RCK, with account sitting you would probably be able to hit atleast 10k xp.

Newb.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Siege wrote:
RCK wrote:As I play Tribalwars I know all about account sitting...

Look on the bright side RCK, with account sitting you would probably be able to hit atleast 10k xp.

Newb.
+1
ImageImage
Meh
Quiet One

Post by Meh »

Not only is there too much room for abuse, but how do you handle loaning your account to someone, and then they dying on your account? Or what if you have emergency funds in your personal account, and your alliance mate decides all funds should be in the AA, and they clean out your account?