Ship Ratings

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Corran
Quiet One

Ship Ratings

Post by Corran »

I was thinkin, i know bad idea........We should add a ship rating to the exp gain formula, like an eos would be a 9 or 10 and an ist would be a 2 or 3, just basic idea here if you like it you can run with it. Also i think that the farther the number are apart the less exp you get the closer the more you get but also observing how high the numbers are.
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

I don't know about anyone else but that made no sense too me... come up with some sort of a formula for this so I can complain about it when i actually understand it ;)
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Corran
Quiet One

Post by Corran »

OK TREKA /me mutters he always shoots them down anyway

We make up a rating systems on ships......We rate them by their hostility level i.e. EOS rates higher then a IST. lets say we have an EOS (rating 9) and an ist (rating 3) 9-3 is 6 so you have a number here that multiplies times something else :). The bigger the value i.e. 6 in this case the less exp gained. The smaller the more exp gained cause the ships were on a more lvl playing field
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

/me fires a Nuke and Corran destroying him and his idea ;)

The new experience formula for killing is perfectly fine as is... what you have done is made it completely and unnecessarily complicated. What's more I don't think a person should gain more or less expereince because of what ship a person is flying... that just means that killing traders will be more or less profitable xp wise and will turn people off hunting other hunters cuz their rating would be higher (or vice versa if its high for hunterse and low for traders)

The formula now takes into account levels of players and exponentially gives players xp. I.e. they will get less xp (percentage wise) if they kill someone 10 levels under them to someone the same level or someone higher than them. This promotes killing people of high or same level ranks as opposed to people much lower because there is not much xp benefit from doing so.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Ship Ratings

Post by RCK »

Dont know what this idea even means... rejected for lack of info