feature for next game

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

feature for next game

Post by MrSpock »

beside ripping a lot of bugs i thought on this:

people are able to give loans to others.
you can go to a bank and make your offer there. say 100000 credits for 5 days for 10%
others see that and can accept it or not.

question what happens if the guy can't pay back after the time?
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Well, in RL, if you don't pay back a loan you lose either your home or your kneecaps depending on the lendor.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Heres my basic idea.

After you take out a loan you can't use the bank until you pay it back. (therefore you can't transfer $ from 1 'bad' character to a 'good' one.)

Only other problem I can think of is that the person could go take a mil $ loan and then get himself killed effectivly giving money to another person.

If it canbe worked out it would be a good feature
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

I don't like this idea at all. Unless its stopped from being used at the start of the game, cuz a whole alliance could just borrow that money each and use it upgrade themselves even faster, making a larger gap between smaller alliances and solo players and the alliances with more people in them.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Corran
Quiet One

Post by Corran »

most people arent going to give money up unless they dont need it

i say that if they do borrow and dont pay the "basher" beats down the guys shields randomely or steals there weapons or their goods till its payed off
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

Vtreka wrote:I don't like this idea at all. Unless its stopped from being used at the start of the game, cuz a whole alliance could just borrow that money each and use it upgrade themselves even faster, making a larger gap between smaller alliances and solo players and the alliances with more people in them.
where should that money come from? i doubt any1 is willing to give his 5000 credits away.
maybe you got the initial idea wrong. that money that can be borrowed doesn't come from the bank. it comes from other players.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

ok from everything everyone was saying it sounded like it would be like a bank loan. You are right, hardly anyone would give loans at the beginning of the game and especially not to their own alliances members.

So I agree that this would be a good idea... as to how to stop abuse, make it so newbies can't loan to vets but vets can loan to newbies (stopping vets creating newbie accounts and loaning traded money to vets then abandoning the account). Limit the amount able to trade in total to any one person at say 10 mil until that amount is re-paid to the loaner with interest.

If they don't repay, then I guess we have to think of something for that instance like Azool's not being able to use bank, thereby making the person run around with a huge amount of money on their ship making them more paranoid and stuff about repaying it. Possibly like fed searches, every so often they come to take money off you like repayments from a loan.

Do I write too much or what :P
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

this is kinda taken from V's post

maybe after 5 days or so...15% of trade profits is sent to bank to pay the loan and the player is chared a fee (so they lose 20% of trade profit but only 15% is payed to bank/loaner
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: feature for next game

Post by RCK »

rejected