interest?

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

interest?

Post by MrSpock »

so do we wonna do something like that?
if you don't know what i'm taking about read this first: http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=3682
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

NO!
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

I totally agree that some form of interest has to be put back in banks, but something has to be done to stop people from gaining too much money. In my opinion the planet interest idea has failed completely. It was supposed to help the smaller alliances but instead has favoured pretty much ONE alliance. Even some of the bigger alliances don't bother with it. So the effect we have no is that the super active alliance that has a hugely fortified galaxy and secure planets to bond on are the only ones truely benefitting from this. I thought the idea was to help smaller alliances.

You are just going to have to face facts that large alliances will always have a stack of money. At least with the bank smaller alliances and even individuals had access to interest.

I liked the idea of scaled interest. It was mentioned that there had to be a down side to everything. True, how about just having the interest on the alliance's AA and scaling the interest there? Its not like you can have more than one AA right? Unless of course you have a sister alliance but even then its not like they can make 30 different accounts to accrue interest on.

This does stop solo players from getting interest but I guess that's something that people will have to deal with, this is a game based on team work and alliances, for the most part anyway. And if its that much of a worry, they can always make a solo alliance to bank their money in. I know people are gonna say yeah but individuals from the big alliances could make temporary solo alliances in times they aren't opping or whatever to make more interest. True, but for a lot of big alliances they will want to hold a galaxy. This means mining by all players. Having people create solo alliances for this purposes really hampers an alliance with enemy forces when doing this. So one or two people might not mine and just do this instead to make more money for the alliance? Could happen but for the big alliances anyway, they have limited people to do this with and then the amounts they would put into the separate AA's would be large amounts anyway so just not worth the effort really.

Not sure on what values and when it would change interest amounts perhaps something like this:

0-10mil at 5% per day (from 10 mil, that's 500k per day)
10-50mil at 3% per day (from 50 mil, that's 1.5 mil per day)
50-100mil at 2% per day (from 100 mil, that's 2 mil per day)
100-250mil at 1.5% per day (from 250 mil, that's 3.75 mil per day)
250-500mil at 1% per day (from 500 mil, that's 5 mil per day)
500 mil and over at 0.5% per day (from 500 mil, that's 2.5mil per day, from 1 bil is 5 mil per day, 2 bil is 10 mil per day etc etc.)

Maybe this should be used instead of planet interest. Planet interest really makes no sense :P How does a planet make you money? LOL If not taken away changed DRASTICALLY as DC is making a ton of money and leaving everyone else for dead in the money department thanks to secure planets and lots of money to bond.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

thats a cool idea. interest on AA.
on the one side you can gain money on the other side you have to deal with thieves. i like it.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

ya it is totally needed, no matter what DC says
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

so do we want to drop planet bonds?
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Keep planet bonds. Don't add bank interest.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

but then i really want to modify the interest on bonds. maybe a level 50 panet is the last level that gives interest.
i mean a bond on a level 70 planet is free money. more or less. i know you don't agree but thats the current situation with DC if you wonna see it or not.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

blum in this case right now you do not know what you are talkin about only DC and CYP have moeny CYP doesnt op doesnt use planets or large amount of forces. Anyone else who tries to fight Dc is broke and DC are billionaries i know you say we should do better but because of certain things happenin early on we couldnt and Dc grew bigger and it only supports there 30 people!
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Spock, I am all for modifiing, although I wouldn't go as far as you suggest.
We could just move the top percentage a bit down and lower the interest for high levels.
Azool wrote: $lvl = $planet->level();
if ($lvl < 9)
$base = 1.02;
elseif ($lvl < 19)
$base = 1.03;
elseif ($lvl < 29)
$base = 1.06;
elseif ($lvl < 39)
$base = 1.025;
elseif ($lvl < 49)
$base = 1.02;
elseif ($lvl < 59)