interest?

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

PV, you are basing your assesment on one(1) game where an alliance did everything right. It will change.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

and raising the low level planets interest a little bit?
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

works for me:P
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

im sorry my allaince hasnt had moeny for 2 games now
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

I totally don't agree... I say take bonding off planets. There was no issue with people taking planets before planet bonding why would we assume that people would not take a planet gal if we took it off now?

Most of the issues with taking up a planet gal lie in whether the galaxy layout is good for taking planets. I think work on the layout of galaxies needs to be looked at before people start to dismiss planets altogether as first option.

Plus Azool was going to be working on upgrading planets so that there is more of a reason to take them right? Well take the money off planets. (I mean RP wise how does a planet make money? There is no building on the planet for it, so far, do you magically mine your own money, and if so where is the turns spent doing that?)

Like I said earlier big alliances will always have more money than the rest(i.e. CYP and DC), it may not help the smaller alliances but it will give them SOMETHING to help them out. I think my strategy works much better, then modify the planets as we had planned so people will want to take them more, just like people actually goto the bars for a reason now.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

one of the players in my alliance did some anylsis(spelling) we ahve spent nearly 4 bill on ships planets mining. we have nearly 0 credits left
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Vtreka wrote:(I mean RP wise how does a planet make money? There is no building on the planet for it, so far, do you magically mine your own money, and if so where is the turns spent doing that?)
And how does a bank make money? Unlike real world we have no inflation, no other currencies, no stock market. Banks have only costs(running all those branches).
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

You don't run a bank Blum so be quiet :P Ever hear of credit card debt and loans and mortgages? Where do you think all the money they make on interest from everyone's debts goes? You think they just say we'll give people free money? :P

Who cares where the banks get it from its an institution that creates interest for people's money, the planet doesn't do that... and while bank's are buildings on planets, you don't have to build them to get interest in game :P
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

So, where can I get me a loan? That's right. Nowhere. Banks have no way to make money which means that they are operating at a loss.
Planet interest can be explained too. I give a loan to the citizens of the planet who do stuff and turn a profit.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: interest?

Post by RCK »

rejected, balance.