new game type - championship

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

We need to get people an incentive not to move in groups. We need to force people to run alone forcing more teamwork....
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Blum wrote:We need to get people an incentive not to move in groups. We need to force people to run alone forcing more teamwork....
Definetly so...but how
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Well, Spock mentioned booster packs. Have boosterpacks that increase level, increase defense etc. Make it so they appear randomly forcing people to explore fast.
Another option would be to put some warpholes in sectors. Make it so that the first person who enters a sector gets sent to a random sector after which the warphole closes and reopens in a different sector. That would send people all over the galaxy.
Third option would be to make all sector exits one time. After an exit is used it closes. If after that a sector has 0 exits, one automatically appears in another direction.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Blum wrote:Well, Spock mentioned booster packs. Have boosterpacks that increase level, increase defense etc. Make it so they appear randomly forcing people to explore fast.
Another option would be to put some warpholes in sectors. Make it so that the first person who enters a sector gets sent to a random sector after which the warphole closes and reopens in a different sector. That would send people all over the galaxy.
Third option would be to make all sector exits one time. After an exit is used it closes. If after that a sector has 0 exits, one automatically appears in another direction.
...im speechless...

Blum has a good idea and a way to do it :)
Maybe make it so a sector has only 1 exit and only 1 member can move through it b4 it closes and the other member has to go a diff way. That way everyone is split up unless they are lucky and end up in the same place.
-Henry David Thoreau
Corran
Quiet One

Post by Corran »

Ever play the game halo? if you have there is a multiplayer map where you go through warps the whole time. just cause a room/sector i next to another doesnt mean it actually can be gone too. So just make a randomizer. Tell it to send them through a random sector means that you can follow your friends around/
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

i just watched my roomate beat the game......this is for V "why warthog sir"
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

looks more like a puma to me.
-Henry David Thoreau
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

Hey Grif, Chuppa-thingy, how about it? I like it, its got a ring to it.

Interesting idea with the closing off sectors thing, i do question how that could be coded. Things would still have to work as normal i reackon so that people can scan and stuff. Warping around to different places would make that pretty useless though if that was the point ;) go for it.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

coding wouldn't be a limitation
-Henry David Thoreau
Corran
Quiet One

Post by Corran »

go play that level and watch how hard it makes the game. :) its alot of fun though. problem would be though that when i run for you im almost guarenteed to get away. so i take back my idea. :) also if you close sectors then that means you can follow people easier harder to run