Remote Bombs

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Remote Bombs

Post by OmegaRenegade »

While writing that post on remote killing scouts, I had an idea for a new force type.

What if you had a ship that could drop a bomb, sat IS and did nothing, but could be remote detonated to do some random amount of damage?

I think it could add an interesting stratigic element to the game and could be very amusing.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

Balance issues: alliances could mass mine racials or warps...
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

1 per stack, 3 total IS?
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

what kind of dameage would they do, and what is the difference between bombs and mines ?

Thinking back to an old Deep Space Nine episode, what would be cool is a cloaking technology for only WQ, that they have developed to place around thier mines combats and scouts IS..... since their Capital ship took a step backwards
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

Swagman wrote:what kind of dameage would they do, and what is the difference between bombs and mines ?
mines explode on any enemy alliance, these you can select when to trigger

i.e. you can take on a smaller alliance and mine their gal for them!
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Vober pretty much got it, you can remote trigger them, so if you get a scout ping or something you can go to your forces menu and trigger the bomb to go off, only problem is by the time you do, the target maybe gone already