Turn rate

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

EstoyLoco
Admin Emeritus

Turn rate

Post by EstoyLoco »

I think we should start thinking about turn rate.. for next game..

I would put the cap to like 5 days of turns? Would help a bit i think..

And i would bring up the amount of turns.. Honestly trading 120 turns per day = not even 30 mins..

This means more time for players to play elsewhere.. Means they have chance to like another game more and go elsewhere..

Yeah some will think it take too much turns.. but look at TDZK (i often refer to them cauz they have big player base)

They have another system that makes you trade for days.. cauz routes reset.. So you just play non stop and have huge CPL. Lets work on something that will allow player to play more time!

That my opinion

Estoy
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

Increasing the cap is counter-productive to getting people to play longer. They play for longer stints, but play less often.

Increasing the turn rate is not my decision, but personally I'd be less inclined to play if the turn rate was higher.

I play this game because it's turn-based. I stopped playing all MMORPG's mainly because they consumed my life. At some point in SMR you just have to stop playing.

On another note:
If we went with the 4 classes that OR suggested and that we enumerated in chat the other day (posted in the ship infrastructure SMR2 thread), then there will be viable playing options for ships with high speeds no matter your race. Those classes allow people a choice to play the game in a time frame that they prefer.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

What if we increased the cap on some ships, ie trade ships, but kept it the same on others like hunters? That way you dont have to save up for a few days to trade, but you can if you want to, and it doesnt give a hunter too much time to save up, without loss
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

I think estoy is exactly right, We need something that lets people play longer. Its a fun and addicting game, and everyone everywhere wants more turns! Right now its kind of like, here play for a hour tops, get addicted, then you cant do anything till the next day. ALl i hear from my friends i show the game is they cant wait for more turns. I think Increasing the turns per hour and the max turns will make the play base bigger. The other alternative to this is to just do certain games at different speeds, like a game at 3.0 game speed then one at 1.5 or 1.0, mix it up, keep it rolling.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

I think it will be better to give people an option to be in certain types of ships. Not just the thief will be fast. Viable ships with real purpose with high speeds will thrive and can be used if you NEED more turns.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

i think slower ships should have a higher cap than faster ships
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Turn rate

Post by RCK »

rejected