DCS Improvement

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

MiA
Quiet One

Post by MiA »

id love to try NIJ but even on my drunkest stonedess day i wont pick a race with a /16 WB for the next few months as my race. ntm DCS is pretty useless in a 1 on 1 with anything other then ikky or ops. it should be /18 like all the other smallest WB's after all im sure everyone would rather have cloak then DCS and the DM is /18
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

well, when i first made them they were a bit more balanced. They had some pretty nasty weapons to go along with their lots of hardpoints which helped make up for their weak defence, and to go along with the dcs. The better weapons which included a nasty lvl 2 weapon for their 7HP ship helped make them alot more balanced and a joy to play. It meant other races would want peace with them for their weapons, and they might want to keep war with races to keep weapons out of certain races hands, perhaps like the WQ human hands this round since illusion are all WQ. Having those better weapons made them do more dmg each combat round, so even though they would be destroyed in fewer rounds cause of their lack of defence, they would also kill in fewer rounds, balanced nicely, then along with the dcs to help even things out against FU's and Ikkies, it made them a palatable race worth choosing and worth getting peace with, or if you were nij having your weapons as a barganing chip to let whichever race you wanted peace with use.

In short, the DCS isnt so much the problem, its mostly their gimped weapons. They were supose to be an offensive race, but they were "balanced" and now they are always the least picked race every round.

As HK pointed out to, there are lots of Pros for going nij, one of the biggest is the lack of hunting activity and route draining if you are a nij, very safe and stocked gal with their lack of pilots. and only con anyone really has is the lack of defense, which isnt that unbalanced if they had their proper weapons.

EDIT*

just for reference, here are the original weapons i made when first making and balanceing the Nij.

Name | LvL | Shield | Armour | Acc | Price |
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Azoolian | 4 | 90 | 90 | 50 | 450000 |
Ionic |
Phaser |
Beam |
Azoolian | 3 | 0 | 170 | 40 | 375000 |
Claymore |
Missile |
Azoolian | 2 | 0 | 120 | 42 | 295000 |
Photon |
Torpedo |
Azoolian | 1 | 80 | 0 | 40 | 250000 |
Advanced |
Acoustic |
Jammer |

Actualy someting else i just remembered is when making the DCS i had thought drones did 3 dmg, and i planed that it would reduce that dmg to 2. When in actuality drones did 2 dmg, and the balancing tream made it so the DCS reduced the dmg to 1.5 or something like that. So perhaps the DCS does need tweaking, make it so drones do 1 dmg instead of 2 maybe.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

i like those weapons alot more :-)
DPR

Post by DPR »

I don't. That lvl 2 is awesome, but the current lvl3 is probably my favorite weapon in the game.
Trade_warranT
Quiet One

Post by Trade_warranT »

yes but that the point DPR to make NJ be balanced by giving them large attack and little. those nij weapons rock espcially on a ship like Fury!
Trade warrants, get your trade warrants...

___*imagine this is a picture*___
PLAYING WITH COURAGE AND HONOR
DPR

Post by DPR »

Trade_warranT wrote:yes but that the point DPR to make NJ be balanced by giving them large attack and little. those nij weapons rock espcially on a ship like Fury!
Hmmm the current lvl3 Nij weapons does 150 dmg with 44 acc, not much different than 170 dmg with 40acc. Not to mention the current Nij lvl4 is better and does more dmg than the original prototype. Since the Nij lvl4 does completely armor dmg, the shield dmg from the lvl3 balances the Nij weapons out very nicely (perhaps too nicely? A early game hunter can arm up at one shop) I really don't think that extra 20 dmg on the lvl 4 is going to make the Fury rock.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: DCS Improvement

Post by JettJackson »

DCS doesnt need improvement beyond the prospect changes already planned.

Rejected
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all