DCS Improvement

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

DCS Improvement

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Right now aside from a few decent guns Nij really doesnt have alot going for it, its ships are the weakest defensivly out of racials. The DCS is supposed to make it the paper to Ik'thornes rock but even that purpose it doesnt do what it should. I think we should make the % of drones scrambled be based on the level or level difference between attacker/defender.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Cuda
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Cuda »

I agree that Nij is a joke currently. I don't know if the DCS being level based will make it that much better. But its worth a try, as something needs to be done.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I always wondered why the Fury had such low defense..... only reasons i could come up with was so it was possible to die to a level 70 planet.....
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

The Fury needs something to make it an attractive ship. There's only like 10-15 active Nijarin this game, that is far too little for any race.

It's a very expensive ship and you don't get much of what you pay for.

Why not add some more defenses, say 200 armor. And give it like 100 mines. This way the Nij would become a much more attractive race, and the Fury would be worth the large amount of money that you're paying for it.

Heck if you dont like the mines, any sort of forces for the Fury would be better. How can you pay 14.7 mil for a ship and it has weak defense and no forces, that is bad. I propose we find a way to fix the Nij now, this game even.

If you don't like my idea, please come up with your own instead of being an jerk about it. Kthxbai
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

I for one liked nij ships. having the vindi as an early hunter and not needing any peace is great. While most hunters are limited to 4 weapons the vindi has 6. It also has been able to do 1100 damage in a single shot. Which no other racial hunter can do that. The fury also can take drone hits from level 70 planet and not die from it. Only 2 other ships in the game can do that.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

I liked nij when I played them, but wont ever do it again. The weapons are fun, and the ships have they're strong point, but in actuality they're pretty useless right now
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I used to think Nijarin was weak, and perhaps compared to other races' birds the Fury is not a good match, but after playing Nijarin for a couple of games I came to like it and would play it again.

Pros
Easy arming with one-stop nijarin weapons
7 hp on Fury
Claymore rocks
with DCS as-is, you can survive a full drone shot from a level 70.
Vindi is #3 hunter behind cara and itac
not many go Nij, so routes are not drained or hunted much

Cons
Fury defense makes it weak in ship to ship fights
(can't think of anything else)

I think a high exp Nijarin in a Fury would be formidable, even considering the weaknesses of the ship.
that which pods you makes you stronger
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

not noted here but a good point is nij is not a fast race either its fairly meager on the speed
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

ya nothing too attractive about nijarin, the lack of forces means u cant see, and low defense means ur usualy hte first one to go in ship to ship combat.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

I dont really think the race itself has many faults, HK's list of pro's are all correct. Thennian hit it on the head when he said there isnt anything attractive. There are good things about it, but as an entire package it just falls short.

Changing the DCS to work better with more exp would I think swing Nij into a race most people will actually play.