DCS Improvement

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Fury could use a boost to 1700 defense, allowing to atleast fight with TAC's and DMs, and actually making it the best PB ship. So what if it owns Ikkies, just something they have to deal with.
Last edited by Trigek on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Trigek wrote:Fury could use a boost to 1700 defense, allowing to atleast fight with TAC's and DMs, and actually making it the best PB ship.
Was never really designed to, the whole idea of the race was to be the answer to ikky superiority. Yet even with a DCS the fury will loose to the MS more times than not
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

OmegaRenegade wrote:
Trigek wrote:Fury could use a boost to 1700 defense, allowing to atleast fight with TAC's and DMs, and actually making it the best PB ship.
Was never really designed to, the whole idea of the race was to be the answer to ikky superiority. Yet even with a DCS the fury will loose to the MS more times than not
May not have been designed to be the best PB ship but considering its weak ship to ship vs every other race it should be the best at PBs. It is still arguably the best considering its turn rate and no need to CA, but could still use a boost there.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

i really like Nijarin...this is the first game that I have been anything other then Nij since i started playing SMR after the fall of SM, where I was WQ...i like Nijarin because it manages to get decent peace, and usually has some nice routes, even if it is kinda random. I like the easy arming and the luxury of the vindicator....but I do think that the DCS should be boosted in some way...i never did official "testing" on Fury vs other ship, but i remember a few times when Holy and I were in beta fighting, he'd get in a MS and I'd be in a Fury and he'd still manage to destroy me in minamal shots, and i barely make a dent, even with a nice setup and the DCS...if Nij. is supposed to be the paper to the Ikky rock, it should win more often then not.
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Easy way to fix this : Add scouts. This would make it ONLY WB with scouts. 10 scouts would be more then enough. This wouldn't overpower it as it still can't realy fight another WB but it can compete.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Why? What would be the justification behind it? Just to make it better?
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

no top racial should have scouts, it would make it a hunting ship that could use 7 hps to blast people after getting pings.
Cowboy
Beta Tester

Post by Cowboy »

Thennian is correct none of the top racials have scouts because they are in the warbird class not the hunter class. Looking at the top racials the fury could use an extra 100 armor but thats all.
Cowboy
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

yeah i agree... i think upping the defense of the Fury would go a long way in helping out that race.... its a very simple fix and the 'balance' issues are fairly easy to examine
olaf
Quiet One

Post by olaf »

I agree with bumping the defense a wee bit.
CREATOR of NONSENSE