Bigger Roles for the Presidents

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

We don't need more goods, if anything we need to take the high level goods out of planet galaxy ports and cap them at level 6 (see ports thread). This was the one thing I really liked when OR went on his game-changing rampage back when.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I agree, adding more goods is just bad..... It will create bigger super routes and give even more money to the rich and not give nearly enough for the poor...... This modification would have many ramifications...

I wouldn't mind capping planet galaxy ports.... I don't think this should happen every game but maybe create a map where they are capped to change things up a bit...
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Ardbeg wrote:We don't need more goods, if anything we need to take the high level goods out of planet galaxy ports and cap them at level 6 (see ports thread). This was the one thing I really liked when OR went on his game-changing rampage back when.
You're the first person who I heard actually liked that lol. In truth it maybe wasnt the best galaxy design, but I tried *shrugs* I kinda wish that I wouldnt have become an admin until now when folks are a little more open minded about change. Oh well I'm quite glad to hear I wasnt a total failure lol
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Trade_warranT
Quiet One

Post by Trade_warranT »

Ardbeg wrote:We don't need more goods, if anything we need to take the high level goods out of planet galaxy ports and cap them at level 6 (see ports thread). This was the one thing I really liked when OR went on his game-changing rampage back when.

meh well u coudl turn things like Circutry and lux and say mech stuff into good goods. thus u kill 2 birds..... eliminate the top lvl goods and add good people things to trade.
Trade warrants, get your trade warrants...

___*imagine this is a picture*___
PLAYING WITH COURAGE AND HONOR
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Maybe it could unbalance the game then again maybe it would cause more people to want to go GOOD. There is something I have been wondering. What if there is no Good players to fill the role of president. Can a 0 xp newb join game become a deputy and then find himself thrust into the position? What would happen if there was no good players at all for the part? I know slim chance of that happening however never say never.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

as far as i know the code picks the person with the highest allignment and the highest xp, so if no "good" people are on the coucil, the least evil most experienced "evil" person gets the job
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Kahless_ wrote:as far as i know the code picks the person with the highest allignment and the highest xp, so if no "good" people are on the coucil, the least evil most experienced "evil" person gets the job
I believe this is incorrect, unless the code has changed. In the past it has always been the highest ranked good (alignment > 100) player who is president. If no players have good alignment (such as at the start of the game) I believe there is no president.

edit: oops, HK is correct, post corrected.......
Last edited by Ardbeg on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Ardbeg wrote:
Kahless_ wrote:as far as i know the code picks the person with the highest allignment and the highest xp, so if no "good" people are on the coucil, the least evil most experienced "evil" person gets the job
I believe this is incorrect, unless the code has changed. In the past it has always been the highest ranked good (xp > 100) player who is president. If no players have good alignment (such as at the start of the game) I believe there is no president.
Ard is correct, although I think he meant alignment > 100, not xp.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Remlak
Beta Tester

Post by Remlak »

I like the ideal of setting a tax for fed parking, but not on a daily basis. Maybe create a "tax period", which could be on a weekly basis. At the end of the tax period, you would recieve a bill, which would be due within 3 days. Failing to pay total due by third day would lead to stiff penalties and fees, and you would be required to pay in full, or vacate that federal space by the end of the tax period. Failing to pay by end of tax period would lead to suspension of parking privilages in that racial galaxy either indefinately, for a specific period of time, or until taxes are paid. If unable to pay taxes, and have not vacated fed space by start of next tax period, then your ship would be confiscated, and you would be sent back to your racial fed space in a pod w/o loss of any exp, but you would lose any credits you had stored on your ship.

Tax rate would only apply to you for parking in fed space belonging to ANOTHER race, and not your own(unless you are evil, with alignment of >-300)

Tax rate would be set by president, and would be based on class of ship you are trying to park in fed. The larger the ship, the higher the rate. There would of course have to be a rate limit set.

Federal Ships are exempt from this tax. Presidents are exempt from this tax. All players with >+300 alignment are exempt from this tax.

Secondly, as i mentioned in the first paragraph, you would not just lose your fed protection if you cant pay. You would be given ample time to pay or leave. If your parking privilages are perminately suspended in any racial galaxy, and you park there, then you ARE an open target.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

very through, very complicated, and what about the people that are on vacation for two weeks and park in fed? would they have the option of paying in advance or what?

I just don't see enough pros to outweigh the cons, and it seems more complicated then its worth, but maybe thats just me