Bigger Roles for the Presidents

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

buttsack
Quiet One

Bigger Roles for the Presidents

Post by buttsack »

President is a very official sounding and big name. Why don't we brainstorm some ideas so some people are more interested in being president and staying deputy. As of right now the positives of going underground far outweigh the positives of deputizing.

Going evil gets you another top level good to trade. Which brings me to another idea, how about another top good for people with alignments of +150 or more?

What if a president could change how often people get searched at ports owned by their race? This would offer an interesting quirk to being president, especially if you wanted to screw some other people over. A president should be able to control some aspects of evil goods being traded.

Also, what about more severe fines? If you get caught trading evil goods too many times, you get sent to jail for an hour. Something stupid like that.

Anyone else got any ideas?
Trade_warranT
Quiet One

Post by Trade_warranT »

well 1 thing u could do in general is if u are on the rulling counsil u get say .5%less of being searched if u are president make it into 1% also u can make a bonus for president Discount on federal ships so u can get FU half price
Trade warrants, get your trade warrants...

___*imagine this is a picture*___
PLAYING WITH COURAGE AND HONOR
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Well if you are president i don't see why you would be worried about getting searched cause you would be good, Thus no illegals
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Just the other day I was thinking about presidential powers and such and ways to improve on the whole politic side of SMR.

How about this.

The current president gets to change the government and such (default is what ever you call this type of government ).

A dictatorship would be one example.

Also how about taxation power. He can set up a certain percentage of cash from each trade to go to the lottery.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
olaf
Quiet One

Post by olaf »

Trade_warranT wrote:well 1 thing u could do in general is if u are on the rulling counsil u get say .5%less of being searched if u are president make it into 1% also u can make a bonus for president Discount on federal ships so u can get FU half price
:lol:
CREATOR of NONSENSE
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

DarthNihilus wrote:Just the other day I was thinking about presidential powers and such and ways to improve on the whole politic side of SMR.

How about this.

The current president gets to change the government and such (default is what ever you call this type of government ).

A dictatorship would be one example.

Also how about taxation power. He can set up a certain percentage of cash from each trade to go to the lottery.
The dictatorship thing is how it was in SM...unless I was too high and don't remember correctly....but I liked it and would want it back :-)
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

man DarthNihilus' mention of tax gave me an idea.....

What if there was a tax for parking in Fed???.... say 10% of what's on your ship.... so everyday when the stats refresh at 12am..... if you are in fed then a tax is taken from you and put into a special account of the president's fed you're in... (sure you could move out of fed at that time.... but this just gives people another reason to login :D)

The presidential account is only accessible to the president.... he can do what he wants with it... if the president gets dethroned before he's touched the money.. tough-titties... the next president gets it.. if you have newb status and you're in fed, no tax is taken....

I think this would add an incentive to being president... and make traders want to bank more meaning more decisions for them... which is always a good thing...
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I agree with Sterling, the president does have alot of power already. There are one or two things that I would like to see added to that roll, and a tax is not one of them.

When I trade, I make credits for the alliance not for the president of my race. There is no reason why he should get free credits from anyone parking in fed. Another problem with this is every hunter will be watching the banks more. Knowing that anyone trading will want to bank before parking so they will not have the pay the tax. Bad Bad Bad!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I know the power of some presidents can be great at the beginning of the game (especially if you can hold onto it :P).... but, the power of other presidents is pretty much nothing, like Ikky and Alskant.... they have nothing to offer so it doesn't matter what those presidents do, they are not going to have a say as to whether or not they get peace...

I was just trying to think of a way to make people actually strive to become president of any race...

I was more thinking that the tax would go to the president of the FED you are parked in (parked in salvene tax goes to salvene president)... much like how property tax works

Also, i do not see how hunters watching the bank is 'bad bad bad'.... they do this anyways... it just forces the trader to make that decision of whether to bank or not... I have always thought that forcing people to make tough decisions was a good thing???
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Purify wrote:... I have always thought that forcing people to make tough decisions was a good thing???
It is and also keeping the hunters guessing is a good thing too.

If I am trading I want the hunter to guess if I will bank at the end of my trade. Maybe he will waste a few turns checking, but to have it a more then likely that a trader will bank. Make it better odds for the hunter that the trader will bank.

I know that you want to make the president position more desirable but increasing the risk and cost to their citizen? Maybe there is something else where only presidents could qualify to get it.