randomness

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Trade_warranT
Quiet One

randomness

Post by Trade_warranT »

can we add some randomness to the game? i dont mean gay things like cloak destruction but may be "error storms"? or anything like that. static games are boring
Trade warrants, get your trade warrants...

___*imagine this is a picture*___
PLAYING WITH COURAGE AND HONOR
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

On a SM like game I used to play back in the 80's they had a Computer comtrolled robotic race that made appearances every now and then. That was pretty random sometimes they left a gun behind after the fight sometimes large somes of cash and sometimes energy bursts.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

i think that TDZK has a feature kinda like that, but i don't know, they redid it from the last time i played
Remlak
Beta Tester

Post by Remlak »

who really cares what tdzk has? tdzk is hardly a unique game. Im tired of hearing "oh, tdzk has this or that", when a good ideal comes along. tdzk is not a scaled down model that we need to referel to when we are building the full size thing...

I agree though, randomness from game to game would be nice. Please elaborate on any ideals you may have on this suggestion, TW
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

...i was refering to it just saying it has been done before, and i don't think its a good idea...seems to me that many people here don't like TDZK and bringing that up would be a good enough statement to support my disagreement with the suggestion, lord knows that the same sort of thing is used all the time whenever a suggestion comes up that had ties with SM...god forbid we have anything the same...its amazing that the idea of bargaining was in both SM and SMR

Sorry, just tired and stressed...
DragonLancer
Quiet One

Post by DragonLancer »

I kinda agree with ballz on this one......if we come up with a good idea that fits well into our game without unbalance why not use it.....even if tdzk or sm used it?
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Put planets back in racials!!@ WOOT
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Jester- wrote:Put planets back in racials!!@ WOOT
Don't worry J, once we get the moving planets you can just move yours into a racial galaxy........
lawrenceofarabia
Quiet One

Post by lawrenceofarabia »

how about a 1 in 1000 chance to die every time you use a turn
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Why?