1 Great Suggestion, another moderate one!

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

SoulJer
Quiet One

1 Great Suggestion, another moderate one!

Post by SoulJer »

First off, I firmly believe that SMR is the best game on the internet. A lot of new games offer optional donations to play, but they give something better for it. I say SMR offers an extra .5 turns per hour on every ship to whoever donates 5 dollars a month.

Anyone would still be able to play the full game without paying, but an extra .5 per hour would give a slight advantage and I think many people would donate it. I know I would.

It could also be an option for a player to buy a month of extra tph for someone. It would increase donations and raise an expected minimum and it would only grow if that money was spent on advertising for the game.

Secondly, with the increase in newbie help alliances I think advertisement would definitely increase number of players, but I think maybe some drones in newbie galaxies that arent harmful but actually move to give some newbies to fire at would be a good idea for them to learn. Maybe even have a small ship with weapons fire slowly at people getting them used to being attacked and learning how to get away.

I think the donation thing should be put into place ASAP, and possibly the newbie dummys could be worked on.

Thank you.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Not a bad suggestion...But it should be dependant on the ship you're flying... 0.5 extra an hour on a psf is a pretty big percentage of it's existing turn rate.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

beyond the obvious of keeping the server online if something goes wrong i fail to see why i should donate anything more then i have already, we dont have an active coder to help make any of these changes.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Thats a great point Thenn.... where did you goto uni cause you are a very smart and attractive man..especially in your rugby gear..I just want to....ugh....
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Alexis
Quiet One

Post by Alexis »

Didn't SM develop SM-Aid accounts that eventually over-ran the game? ^^;; They started off pretty innocently. =P
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

ya, there was SM Aid, but i didnt know anything about them...i was always under the impression it was the same thing as donating to SMR...only you could have ship icons as well as ship names
SoulJer
Quiet One

Post by SoulJer »

its just a suggestion....something other could be given for donators to raise money
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

i simple dont like it. so not that ppls with more money will have better connections and computers but they will have higher turn rate.... why dont we give them free kills and free exp every hour too?
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Smor wrote:i simple dont like it. so not that ppls with more money will have better connections and computers but they will have higher turn rate.... why dont we give them free kills and free exp every hour too?
I agree. People shouldnt be able to buy they're way into advantages like that. Now I'd be for things that dont affect game play itself but that some people would like, preference things, like maybe being able to change the games coloring, or maybe limited player name formatting or something. But any time you introduce enhanced game play to those that pay, you un-balance things. And its as smor pointed out, the only people who will donate are those who aready pay for the fastest internet, and the best computers, why give the ones with the best benefits even more?
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

/wrists

!denied