Reworking Of Planet Busts

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i dont think capping turns is the issue, i mean when i talk to newbs and vets alike the one thing people can unilaterally agree on is there is never enough turns
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Capping does not affect turn rate, only max turns. Turn management should be a critical factor for major op's.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

STEBO48858 wrote:i dont think capping turns is the issue, i mean when i talk to newbs and vets alike the one thing people can unilaterally agree on is there is never enough turns
There is never enough turns because ops aren't run that well nowadays, and there is more resistance than before.

I like this idea because mass parking becomes easier to defeat, assuming it's 10 random guys firing each time. It puts more value on building more than 1 planet, and makes the game more fun to play after it gets to level 70. Because as we all know the game takes a huge hit once the majority of alliances get all their planets to level 70.
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

I find myself agreeing with Shady. Stunning.

I've always loved active defending but with mass parking/triggering there was little point. This would put that back.
What, you want something witty?
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

i like hte way it is now.
Trade_warranT
Quiet One

Post by Trade_warranT »

eggh its all ties down to the stupid fleet combat crap.
Trade warrants, get your trade warrants...

___*imagine this is a picture*___
PLAYING WITH COURAGE AND HONOR
DPR

Post by DPR »

As RO briefly touched on, if planet defense would go back to the old way it would bring back defending your galaxy. Under the current system you don't really have a need to defend your galaxy when getting op'ed. If the enemy is going for the lander, you just get as many people to trigger when it pops. If the planet didn't pop, you have to get a counter op together, and go and meet the enemy yourself, not just trigger. Counter Ops are more fun than ops I think, but they are pretty much non-existent these days.

This would make it a little less about numbers, and a lot more about skill.
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

You don't come by our galaxy enough for me to pay your fleet a visit :)

(Actually, the real truth is yall clear and kill when I'm not around. Jerks.)

Seriously, though, I wasn't around during the days of frantic shield restocking on planets, now only death-happy ikies stock planets. I want to try in vain to make it by an attacking fleet with more then one round of shields! Weeeeeeee
What, you want something witty?
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

DPR wrote:Under the current system you don't really have a need to defend your galaxy when getting op'ed.
It depends on your courage. With 1 or 2 ships behind me, I'd do more.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Trade_warranT
Quiet One

Post by Trade_warranT »

DPR wrote:As RO briefly touched on, if planet defense would go back to the old way it would bring back defending your galaxy. Under the current system you don't really have a need to defend your galaxy when getting op'ed. If the enemy is going for the lander, you just get as many people to trigger when it pops. If the planet didn't pop, you have to get a counter op together, and go and meet the enemy yourself, not just trigger. Counter Ops are more fun than ops I think, but they are pretty much non-existent these days.

This would make it a little less about numbers, and a lot more about skill.
read the post above that. eliminate that and people will acutlay have the need to DEFEND not jsut sit and wait for the planet to pop cause then they all get slaughtered-especially if they are afk
Trade warrants, get your trade warrants...

___*imagine this is a picture*___
PLAYING WITH COURAGE AND HONOR