Turn Accumulation..

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I don't see how that would prevent lurking. What's the incentive to log out and back in again when you have 150 or 250 or 300 turns to work with? It wouldn't matter.

It would make gaining extra turns more dificult and confusing for the new player.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

To HK: I know a lot of the biggest lurkers have very little turns when hunting in racials. Ask orca, kah, smor and any of the other big name hunters. A lot of them live on that extra 20-30 turns to get big kills while waiting. Also not everything should be geared towards the "new" players. In retrospect with all the new changes, some for "new" players aren't always for the good. I think we need more things that need more time and strategy to make you a better player. Making yourself have plenty of turns without hitting play game to get home is one of them in my opinion.

To Darth: You would accumulate turns but you wouldn't receive them ingame until you actually went back to the play game screen. So essentially you could run out of turns ingame, hit play game and get 20 more from being online for a couple of hours.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Thanks for the explanation.

Which also mean turn management would become more important than it is now.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

The one major benefit that I can see is, one less script, one less query everytime someone refreshes a page.

I believe that is why SM did it back then. When the fastest modem was 56k and processor didn't run anywere as fast as they do today. Every little bit helped!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i dunno bout this idea lurking has become one of the most used tactics when it comes to hunting, do we need to baby traders even more so than they already are, i mean anyone can trade safely these days
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

STEBO48858 wrote:i dunno bout this idea lurking has become one of the most used tactics when it comes to hunting, do we need to baby traders even more so than they already are, i mean anyone can trade safely these days
This wouldn't eliminate lurking. This would make it so where if you wanted to lurk, you'd have to be much more skilled in your turn management. Then there is the obvious: If you go after a kill, afterwards, and you want to resume lurking, hit play game first, get your turns and then go back into lurking mode.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

STEBO48858 wrote:i dunno bout this idea lurking has become one of the most used tactics when it comes to hunting, do we need to baby traders even more so than they already are, i mean anyone can trade safely these days
How are we babying traders? Hunters have it to easy already. Much faster attack script than ever, super powerful cloak and easy routes to find. Right now nuetrals have no reliability in trading.
Trade_warranT
Quiet One

Post by Trade_warranT »

i acutlaly like the idea. will force people to pop on CPL at least once in a while
Trade warrants, get your trade warrants...

___*imagine this is a picture*___
PLAYING WITH COURAGE AND HONOR
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

i've always missed this aspect from SM...it was in new SM as well as old, and I think its a great thing, and makes things a little more difficult for vets, therefore interesting and people need to manage their turns better...

Basically just reiterating it all, just with my support ;-)
Cowboy
Beta Tester

Post by Cowboy »

I miss this also, it was always good on OP's also...hit play game and get those turns to make it home :D
Cowboy