Turn Accumulation..

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Jester- wrote:Then you can just bring in the SMC Parser, which only a select few probably still have.

I think there needs to be a way to code out parsing the HTML or make it so there is no galaxy maps to be had. Then you have to make your own with screen shots of local map or something.
That would suck. However it could make the unknown even more fun.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Cowboy wrote:a big part of the game has been taken away by not having to explore
agreed, exploring used to be a lot of fun - a race to find the UG, gathering info on the planet galaxies, finding the early routes.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

now i dont mind the turns gained by hitting play game i do mind trying to get rid of mgu/smc making this game less user friendly is a bad thing.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Ardbeg wrote:
Cowboy wrote:a big part of the game has been taken away by not having to explore
agreed, exploring used to be a lot of fun - a race to find the UG, gathering info on the planet galaxies, finding the early routes.
That and it killed a lot of fan sites, but such is life.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I liked actually making your own routes. SMC inputted manually if anything. Also you could use the websites to gather your maps, post info on the scouts of other alliances etc. All info wasn't free like it is now and it made the game more interesting. The only way to find a route then was by the counting of ports and trying to figure out who ugpraded what etc.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Jester- wrote:I liked actually making your own routes. SMC inputted manually if anything. Also you could use the websites to gather your maps, post info on the scouts of other alliances etc. All info wasn't free like it is now and it made the game more interesting. The only way to find a route then was by the counting of ports and trying to figure out who ugpraded what etc.
Not interested in playing the old way.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

after learning how to use MGU and SMC, i don't think i could go back to playing without it like I did in SM...beats the hell out of me on how i did it even then...i think i must have memorized where everything was
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

You did..

And it was way funner.

Everything about it was funner...but everyone is used to this way now..I don't think we could get rid of it if we tried...Even if we did, some geek would figure out a way around it.

This is something we should've decided on years ago and prevented...I was always shocked when MGU was actually directly implemented to the game..Either way, it's too late now.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i think t his will be good for teh game!!
ImageImage
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

can i get a definition of funner?