Read News

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I don't think it is as simple as just inputting a <a href=""></a> tag. If you look at the source code you will see that each link has its own form and hidden input tags.

Code: Select all

<form name="FORM" method="POST" action="loader.php"><input type="hidden" name="sn" value="11f54587"><a href="loader.php?sn=0be0b4ff"><span style="color:yellow;">Freon22</span></a>&nbsp;</form>
Now within each of those tags you will see that the value of the hidden tag and the value of the loader.php changes each and everytime the page reloads.

Code: Select all

<form name="FORM" method="POST" action="loader.php"><input type="hidden" name="sn" value="cde410c2"><a href="loader.php?sn=8e45c571"><span style="color:yellow;">Freon22</span></a>&nbsp;</form>
The news is just a static read from a database table. You could input these tags at the time of the recordset reading it. But each time you reload the page all of the values will have to be reloaded. I don't think that in itself would be taht big of a deal but what happens if someone wants to read the old news, "1" through "1000"? That will be alot of form tags, input tags, and random number/letter values tags.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Another thing about these values "I will call them serial numbers" for a better name. Spock told me that these values are stored in a temporary table. I had question him about that on if he was talking about session object, a temporary datafile like a library file, or some type of a dataset. Anyway he will not tell me :-( but if it is a temporary file that is held in memory you can see how it could get out of hand very fast.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Read News

Post by JettJackson »

Rejected
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Read News

Post by RCK »

Shouldn't that be implemented as names are clickable from news.