Read News

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Read News

Post by N.ator »

when reading the news you see a person has died..most of the time alot of people are then wondering how much they lost exp or what there new exp is at..instead of goin to search player every time and looking up the name and then see what there exp is at..why not make it so in the news there name is a clickable link which then bring up to the normal page when you click on a trader....idk just a suggestion..i think it would be a cool feature...
ImageImage
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

i'll let everyone else explain to you that his is a suggestion brought up many many times
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

ok so if this was a suggestion brought up many times then why is it always getting rejected!? it does not hurt the game at all its just an added feature
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

<points out the fact the community drove away the last coder for making "changes">

Short answer, no coder == no new features... EVER :P
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

Poca wrote:ok so if this was a suggestion brought up many times then why is it always getting rejected!? it does not hurt the game at all its just an added feature
Someone stated that it would cause extra lag that is not needed.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

At the time it was rejected by Spock. Because he felt that having to input two links per news idem would cause lags
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

has anyone tested it for lags though? because you never know , it might not cause any lags at all!!
ImageImage
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

It might not..And I think this would be a great idea if it worked...but...who will code it ? ;-)
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Lots of players pushed for it. Also I seem to recal also some against it. They never seemed to have any valid reasons though... ??
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Sterling wrote:It would cause VERY VERY minimal excess lag...if you're already showing the player name, how hard would it be to put <a href=\info?player_name=Izzanods> Izzanods </a> was killed by <<a href=\info?player_name=Sterling> Sterling </a> in sector #235.

I don't believe this would cause any more lag than looking at the news currently takes...if anything, it would be unmeasureable to the human reflexes/capacity.

Once again I will state that these simple no game mechanic things can easily be put into test by SOMEONE LIKE ME WHO DOES DATABASE STUFF FOR A LIVING.
Except all the links in the game never look like "info?player_name=Sterling"
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey