Offline ships

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Shtoopid
Quiet One

Offline ships

Post by Shtoopid »

Just a random thought but it seemed like a realistic approach to the problem presented by such strategies as the planet kick. This also would address the near invulnerability of landers. We should make it so any ship not on the CPL doesnt fire its weapons in combat. In the role playing sense, if your parked and away from the ship, you are not gonna be there to shoot back at something shooting at you. In the non role-playing sense I think it adds much to the game and eliminates such vaguely legal strategies as unoing a planet to cause the kick on the first shot. you could also run a variation of this where the ships have an automatic return fire system but it is far less accurate then if you were actually there.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

what problem? there has been plenty of times that level 70 landers have been busted and their parked fleet destroyed.
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

yep, but you must admit, taking on a fleet of 26+ is damn near impossible, and is generally more costly then busting a 70. Busting the planet should be the hard part. Plus, in all honesty, why should pps who are offline be allowed to fight without penalty?
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

I can honestly say I will not be on the busting side, or busted side so really it doesnt matter to me anymore, I just thought it would avoid alot of screaming bloody murder and conflicts over new strategies.
Cuda
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Cuda »

25 parked birds can be taken. Its called an in/out strategy. Go in once, wait 2 seconds and fleet exits. UNO up rinse/repeat. After two/three in/outs the defending fleet is hurt very bad and you can make quick work of them.
Orca
Quiet One

Post by Orca »

/me remembers taking down a landed fleet of around 20 WB of cursaders warships with 11 brave men. we suffered 1 death i think.
but that was back in old times with old combat code.
nowadays Schtoopid just prove its impossible.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

How is it impossible?????

If he opped when we were all sleeping I'm sure he could get away with one death too.......
DragonLancer
Quiet One

Post by DragonLancer »

Wow what a bad idea.....what would be the point of parking on planets in mass if you couldnt fire when offline? This would get rid of valid tactics used by many alliances

Just quit crying when you bust a 70 and die to 26 ships parked there because i didnt cry the 10 times i was one of the 26 ships and i died every time.....

It just takes skill and timing to bust a big fleet....and if you dont have either please dont complain about it
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Yeah, I think having triggers in the parked fleet makes all the difference in the world. Orca blames the code, but I think the success he refers to must have been carried out with less than 2 defenders online at the time.

No need to change something that isn't broken.
that which pods you makes you stronger
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

How about this idea instead: Offline Ship Stats

Offline Ships still fire when fired upon. My thinking behind this is that the ships computers fires weaponry in defense of the ship. However a ship by itself fires as a Level 1. Or maybe different levels for different kinds of ships. A hunting vessal's computers should fire for effect better than say a ATM.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.