Penalize fed parking and bring more variety into weapon use

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Penalize fed parking and bring more variety into weapon use

Post by Ardbeg »

The alliance wait period discussion made me think of a possible way to kill 2 birds with one stone - penalize fed parkers while at the same time encouraging the use of a larger variety of the weapons available. The suggestion is simple - after you have sold a weapon, you cannot buy that same weapon until you have used 500 turns.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Cowboy
Beta Tester

Post by Cowboy »

Yes i would like to see warbirds parked at fed penalized....the weapon idea has good points and bad points, a good point is that it would keep races at war to hold good weapons for their race, a bad point is that there just isn't that many good weapons on the weapon list. Perhaps if we had a coder and some new weapon ideas this would be a better option. :cool:
Cowboy
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i think this is a bad idea, what would happen with a planet busm you cant use your level 5 again. i mean it would make busts pretty pointless, cus you better hope you dont die
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

There is no penalty for losing your weapon by dying, only by selling.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

ok that would make early hunting irrational

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

It would make early hunting harder - not necessarily a bad thing, since early hunting is basically the well-organized & well-financed big alliances beating up the little guys.

It would also make those hunters use different weapons - definitely a good thing IMO. It would be nice to see under-appreciated weapons like the CSS and the ASF get used more.

The only big problem I see is the huge boost it would give to Ikky.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

which ikky doesnt need, they are fine as is, lets not make them even better

Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

STEBO48858 wrote:which ikky doesnt need, they are fine as is, lets not make them even better
There would be ways to deal with that, like not allowing CD's to be dropped in racials (which there is no good reason to do anyway).
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

This is gonna get deleted, I can feel it...

Why not suggest something constructive?
Use The Force(s)!
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

why would it get deleted.

its an interesting idea. I want to see how this pans out first before i weigh in