Penalize fed parking and bring more variety into weapon use

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Ok, let's make my posts constructive....

Early hunters don't get the same setups, so they have to change arming routes every time they log in.
Fed hunters throughout the game will have the same issue (and I know that no one cares about this one, and that fed hunting is not too popular among some of you, but that's a legitimate way of playing this game and if someone wants to play that way he shouldn't be punished for that).
Early opping... while planets are still weak parking in fed is a necessity (I got two deaths because of parking on a weak planet this game, and I'm not gonna let it happen again) so if an alliance has two ops in a row (i.e. building routes, improving cash situation) people can go on the first one with decent guns and on the second one with some neutral crap, or they will go to both with a mediocre setup if they balance it well.

I bet I could think of a few more reasons against this suggestion, just give me some time.

Edit: fed was made for safe parking in it, remember?
Use The Force(s)!
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Re: Penalize fed parking and bring more variety into weapon

Post by Harry Krishna »

Ardbeg wrote:The alliance wait period discussion made me think of a possible way to kill 2 birds with one stone - penalize fed parkers while at the same time encouraging the use of a larger variety of the weapons available. The suggestion is simple - after you have sold a weapon, you cannot buy that same weapon until you have used 500 turns.
Re: killing 2 birds with one stone....I don't see the connection to the alliance waiting period. How will limiting weapon choices affect someone leaving an alliance to join another one?

Also, it should be a red flag to those that decide what code changes to make, that when an idea like this one (change to weapon systems) creates a need to make still other enhancements and adjustments to other parts of the game (dropping CDs in racials) in order to balance it out and make it work, that it should be approached very carefully.
that which pods you makes you stronger
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Penalising for fed parking?
You guys are looking at it from completely one side. What about the little alliances? The guys who are in groups of 15 or so (not like Illusion though :P) who don't have planets? This would be killing them cause they would never be able to have the setups that the big alliance's guys have.
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

SnakeBite wrote:Penalising for fed parking?
You guys are looking at it from completely one side. What about the little alliances? The guys who are in groups of 15 or so (not like Illusion though :P) who don't have planets? This would be killing them cause they would never be able to have the setups that the big alliance's guys have.
Every alliance has the right to claim a galaxy and to fight for it. Generally a larger alliance wont hit a smaller/noob friendly alliance so that they can learn at the same time.
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Look at this game there were 5 planet gals. Cru, AoC, SF and RS had one. Illusion occupied that last one. Now I know Illusion was a smaller alliance but they had the best roster an alliance could dream of and a smaller alliance couldn't realisticaly compete with that. Implementing this would only increase the want for a planet gal even more and the chances of a smaller alliance getting a plannet gal would also become less and less.

Isn't having to use all those turns arming up everytime enough? I would much rather see that you can only sell your weapons at the shop that sells them with a few exeptions such as neutrals can be sold at any shop selling neutrals...
ElvoN
Quiet One

Post by ElvoN »

Hate wrote: Generally a larger alliance wont hit a smaller/noob friendly alliance so that they can learn at the same time.
Man, do u really believe in this? :mrgreen:
1st Elite SMR Player.

The RUSSIAN

DPR

Post by DPR »

ElvoN wrote:
Hate wrote: Generally a larger alliance wont hit a smaller/noob friendly alliance so that they can learn at the same time.
Man, do u really believe in this? :mrgreen:
Do you know how many times, HoG and FUK got hit when they had auguria? Anytime an alliance had several people on, and nothing to do they would take a trip to Aurguria and look for some easy kills.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

IMO one planet galaxy should be locked so only newbie players can enter.
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Good idea... Newb planet gal. Would be easy to do. Just make it so that that warp is only visible to newbs.
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Or just let em park in fed and take the penalty of having to burn half there turns on arming and disarming. As for ikkies, they are perfectly set up for fed hunting, not much you can do about that without massive code changes. Really its pretty fair right now, not to many hunters fed park.