Planets

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

canff
Beta Tester

Planets

Post by canff »

Turn planet combat into a integrated system, Where planet and ships fight as one, You take what ever ships are on the planet and take a % of them to fight with the planet defense, And make that % based on a Level up to 5 ships, with a Min of 1 ship attacking at level 1 and up to level 5 or 5 ships, So that if you are at max defense you can add 5 ships to the defense of the planet, Now you take into account that ships attacking with the planet can be hit also, but take the same damage difference as planet defenses do from weapons, so 1/5 damage from weapons...And turn it into a random group of ships each attack. Defending. So with max level being 5 ships you could have 5 of your trade ships in the defense or 5 warships, Or a mix, always different, What this does, is it makes planets stronger. But gives the attackers a chance to kill ships before the planet defenses are down .Now to even this out you need to make it so that ships are not kicked from the planet after defenses are dropped. As attackers will lose more ships, and now ships will be fighting back and ships can get kills, so players can get kills being off line. Same as if they were kicked and in the group fight as it is now, But this makes planets more workable And you can add in slaves, weapons, narc as the goods need to build this option call it what ever you want, And make the build option cost 1 mill and take 36 hours at speed 1,This would add a lot of new planet building strategies and you would never have the same attacking of planets, as it would always be a little different.

This will make alliances use planets more and at lower levels. And make planet gals more useful, It does not give any advantage to any alliance, This could mean that if a level 70 rock has 3 ships on it that they could be killed before the planet defenses are down. But the 3 ships could take people with them, as their weapons will fire till they are dead as 3 out of a max of 5 all the time. If the planet has the option built. But the numbers change with more ships you have.

This will fix the alliances sitting 30 people on a rock and thinking they are safe. Or a level 50 player sitting on a planet alone thinking he is god. It makes planets stronger as they really need to be. And it gives more ways to kill people for planet defenders and attackers. I think it is a good idea with a little work could be made to work.

And if you don't like it you don't have to build it...
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

People are getting lazy no one wants to work for anything they just want to see things stay the same and do the same thing.. then it gets old and they quit... our numbers are droping fast... we can't keep our new players... If they game does not start building it won't last 2 more years....at least not at a level people will want to play....
Venganza
Quiet One

Post by Venganza »

if you put in that suggestion, allow people to place themselves in a state of readiness to defend their planet or passive. I wouldn't want to defend my planet in my IST, let the warship on the planet do that.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

mhmm im likin the main idea of it...but the only thing is that when the damage goes to the player it should be like if the fleet hits over 700 damage the exsess damage goes to the fleet landed on the planet or something like that?
ImageImage
SoulJer
Quiet One

Post by SoulJer »

level 70's are hard enough as is and takes a good alliance to do it..

if you want more players, read my thread:
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?p=80504#80504

this is the only way we are gonna compete with the top games out there who have the same type of system. I would donate just because I want the game to grow and it would give everyone a reason to.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

i like your idea canff, but i agree that there should be a "passive" "defensive" choice added in on it
Remlak
Beta Tester

Post by Remlak »

I like this ideal, but if there were "passive" ships, you would have to restrict these ships from re-stocking shields/drones on the planet while warbirds are defending the planet. Secondly, restrict defending warbirds from adding/removeing shields/drones from planet if said warbird has attacked or been attacked for a specific period of time, say 5 minuetes from their last attack.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Planets

Post by JettJackson »

Rejected
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all