Bank Robber

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

except that PAs would have interest so thered be alot of alliance money in PAs too
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

seldum wrote:except that PAs would have interest so thered be alot of alliance money in PAs too
Kill two birds with one stone. Set it so that if a bank is raided. The raider get everything above 50 million in the private accounts. Because how offen would a newbie have more then 50 million in his account?

Also this would add risk to alliances that try to get their members to bank money for them to get interest.

As far as solo players if they are like me they trade make a 100 million or so. Then they pick some alliance to give it to anyway, keeping only enough for backup money.

So the idea is good if you make it so it doesn't touch anything at 50 million or below. You can even set a cap for personal accounts at 75 or 100 million. So if you get more then 75 or 100 million you have to open up an anon account. As for annon accounts make it so that the raiders get all of it.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

all of anon accounts...that would be disastorous for alliances that have warchests
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

imo warchests dont make sense Id rather see my $ in the AA but I like to think I can trust all my alliance mates to not steal it but if you dont think so cant you limit their withdrawals?
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

why not do it the real way, have accounts be specific to the bank you put them in, give em interest, and make it so that the raiders take ALL the money from like 85% of the accounts(that number could vary with the number of attacking ships) And make it so once you raid a bank you CANNOT fed as if you had illegal goods or something. Nor can you visit any banks except to raid them. You could have varying lengths of time on that but I would say that it should last until you are podded. Last of all, have the accounts be federally insured for up to like 25 mil. So if your account was stolen and your green you can go to your fed govt and get as much money as your entitled too. This is complicated but would provide several bonuses. You could get interest in a bank thus you get more cash, there is now a risk involved in leaving your money there thus warranting the interest. It provides an adequate deferral to make bank robbing something that requires thought and planning before you go do. And it provides you another reason to go green(you cant get your refund if you cant go to the HQ). You could also make the bank interest Dependant on the financial health of the local ports, Namely if the ports are not being traded(gaining cash) then you gain little or no interest, if the ports nearby lose money(raided) then you should actually have the interest go negative a bit. This would provide a risk and reward for banking near your route.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

but what would be the point of raiding a bank to get money from it if you can't deposit it? and all the money...of 85% of the accounts...thats alot. If it was to be that way, busting a bank would have to be like hitting two level 70s. darn near impossible.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Baalzamon wrote:all of anon accounts...that would be disastorous for alliances that have warchests
Yelp it would be if they use anon accounts. But with the reworking of the AA so the leader can set who and how much can be withdrawed from the AA. Does it matter if raiders get the anon? Most anon acount are set up so someone can give money to another player within the game, since no one can see my personal account or access it.
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

I said at that bank baalz, this would bring the concept of money laundering to SMR. You would have to take the cash to a planet and get somebody else to bank it. Could also have it be that banking the money carries a risk of getting caught with marked bills(you loose all cash on you). Like I said its like real life, you can steal alot of money relatively easy, but you gotta work to be able to use it without getting caught. You can make banks pretty heavily armed but I think a version of the port raid system would work better. Namely when you rob a bank dont make the defenses all that big, just make it take like 15 min to load all the cash, during that time you cannot move and have the bank call for help in the news and in a global. Make a 50 mil reward for killing a bank robber or something like that. Could open up a new way for independents to make money. Also just to keep the risk high, you could set a limit on the number of people that can rob the bank(I.E. Cannot rob bank with more then 4 members of the same alliance IS) Just some more random thoughts
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Bank Robber

Post by JettJackson »

too over powered or if you tone it back, too pointless

Rejected
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all