Bank Robber

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Bank Robber

Post by Baalzamon »

alright, im sure that this idea has been brought forth before, and i'm sure it was probably completely shut down, but i have a couple ideas that may help it out.

OPing a bank.

It has been said that there should be differences in Bank of the Stars, First Galactic Bank, etc...well, how about this? Each bank has a different interest rate, as well as different defensive rates. this would mean that your personal account would need to be setup at the bank of your choice, but alliance accounts are universal. The advantage to this would be that each bank has a different interest rate for your personal accounts, and you would need to go to specific banks to access it. And then there should be bank defenses. We can OP planets, ports, but why not banks? The way I see it, a big part of raiding ports is cash, so why not hit a bank and gain cash that way? A bank shouldnt have to be built up, IMO, a bank needs to be a stronghold, a place that you trust to hold your money, and so should be strong from the beginning. I say give a bank the same defenses as a level 70 planet, right from day one. That way, you can raid a bank if you want, and gain money from it (i don't know how to decide how much a raider should get for raiding a bank...should have something to do with the number of players who have accounts with that bank, but I don't know yet), but they would have to work for it.

Just a thought, in a very general state...I don't have many details ironed out yet, but discuss.
ipod
Quiet One

Post by ipod »

Interesting idea but maybe too easy to get cash. If thats the case it should have serious consequences.

Alignment drops severely to where you cannot log off in fed protection. (you are a wanted criminal) I'm talking -500 or more.

Banks send messages to all deputies when you fly by one. Like scout drones.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

And also Im willing to bet that an allaince hitting a bank wont be able to deposit it into another bank. They'll have keep it on a planet or themselves. Makeing it easy for another alliance to come and take it. This idea has merit imo. It can add a new exciting twist to the game. You get a pod and you are UNSAFE in fed. Then you would probally be limited from buying anything from a fed sector also.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

The argument about not receiving bank interest has always been... its a reward for 0 risk.... however, this idea puts some risk into banks...

I think some tweaks would have to me made though.... for one thing i don't think its fair to have alliance accounts (or anon accounts) able to be raided.... there's enough to worry about in just keeping money in there... however, those accounts should also receive 0 interest just like they do now, only have the personal accounts earn interest.... Also if a bank is raided only a certain percent of the total of the personal accounts should be taken... 50% maybe.... you don't want people going bust because of it..... Also, on the 'examine bank' screen there should be some sort of information... like # of accounts or # of transactions in the past 48 hours...... like planets and ports give info...

Only problem i see with this idea is it puts more money into the game..... and a lot of people believe there is too much money already.. like this game for instance...
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

no, no, there would be no more money into circulation...if a bank was raided, a % would be taken of all PAs, and nothing from AAs, along with no interest in alliance accounts, if you can access them from all banks, then how can you have interest on them if all banks have different interest rates? Another thing, is maybe like, a negative relationship between interest and security...for example (this isnt what i want neccessarily, just an example) Bank of the Stars could have a 3% interest rate with the defense of a level 70 planet, where First Galactic Bank could have a 5% interest rate, but only the defense of a level 50 planet...i'm not saying thats how it needs to be, just that there should be a negative relationship, that way, the more risky you are with your money, the more payoff you get for it, where the safer it is, the less money you get...just like in real life...a savings bank holds no risk and you have a small payoff, where investing in stocks have a high risk., but high payoff.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

would need more defences 15 turrets and 3500 drones ;)
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Baalzamon wrote:no, no, there would be no more money into circulation...
Putting interest on bank accounts inherently puts more money into the game doesn't it???
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Well... Its not a bad thought. Although I would think that each alliance has their "home" bank which they choose at begining of game and can change once. The bank they belong to. Now each bank has a diferent intrest rate ranging from 1% a day to 0.1% a day or mabey even less. The higher the banks intrest rate the lower it's defence and vice versa for lower intrest rates higher defence. The bank will then have an increase of a certain amount for each 10mill invested in it. This will mean alliances will have to choose a strong bank that has many acounts while keeping in mind the intrest rates.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Baalzamon wrote:no, no, there would be no more money into circulation...if a bank was raided, a % would be taken of all PAs, and nothing from AAs,
Why nothing from AAs? Sounds like this bank raiding thing would be paid for by newbies and solo players.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

you were right, my bad, about the interest putting more money into the game..and i only said it wouldnt affect AAs, because if each bank is different, and AAs are to be availible at every bank, then there would have to be a universal percentage from each bank that would be taken from the AAs, but I see you point Freon...i said this was just an idea without much detail and not an incredible amount of thought