How to build a player base (1)

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

ipod
Quiet One

How to build a player base (1)

Post by ipod »

Ok we have all these suggestions for improving the game, but I just realized the game is fine. It's been said before but we need to build a player base. The question is how?

Here are my suggestions for in game changes:
Global Messages CANNOT be turned off. The ability to turn this off is really the ability to ignore newbies... Sad but true.

My first pod was when I asked someone about some mechanic in the game and met them in sector and I think I turned off newbie turns. I cant remember but I got podded! WOW... This game is RAW! Killed a fudging newbie and I didnt even know what that word meant at the time.

I wanted to get better and prove not to be weak. I think thats what made me attached to the game. Now this game is too easy.

Its easy because the alliances are desperate for membership. I got into alliance and have 3 kills already. Before I couldnt even get into an alliance there was so much competition.

Thats a sign that this game is about to die. Its already got one foot in the grave.

But back on track:

Make it so Global Messages CANNOT be turned off.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

what kind of half baked idea is this???... how does not turning off global messages help new players????.... there are Personal Messages that they can use to get help... and even people with Newbie Helper tags...
Remlak
Beta Tester

Post by Remlak »

yeah, but when you are new to a game, how long does it take you to find the "cpl", and when you finally do, do the names you see in the list mean ANYTHING to you? yes, the newbie helper tag is there, but to a newer player, that may not mean much; not to mention i dont see the tag very often on the cpl. a newbie sending a global is one of the easiest things to learn and do.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Remlak wrote:yeah, but when you are new to a game, how long does it take you to find the "cpl", and when you finally do, do the names you see in the list mean ANYTHING to you? yes, the newbie helper tag is there, but to a newer player, that may not mean much; not to mention i dont see the tag very often on the cpl. a newbie sending a global is one of the easiest things to learn and do.
You must be on the same hashish as this Ipod guy..... how is sending a global easier than a personal message???... finding the cpl is just as hard as findingthe messages link.... and how is Newbie Helper not perfectly clear what it means???... furthermore, JJ is online like 25 hours a day and is often on the CPL that tag is VERY often there
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Settle down Puri, i think you've made your point
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Purify wrote:
Remlak wrote:yeah, but when you are new to a game, how long does it take you to find the "cpl", and when you finally do, do the names you see in the list mean ANYTHING to you? yes, the newbie helper tag is there, but to a newer player, that may not mean much; not to mention i dont see the tag very often on the cpl. a newbie sending a global is one of the easiest things to learn and do.
You must be on the same hashish as this Ipod guy..... how is sending a global easier than a personal message???... finding the cpl is just as hard as findingthe messages link.... and how is Newbie Helper not perfectly clear what it means???... furthermore, JJ is online like 25 hours a day and is often on the CPL that tag is VERY often there
Someone is afraid of Human contact.....

Seriously though, Its a good idea, I see newbies all the time ask for help in global messages, its not that big of a deal to read a message and maybe ocasionally help someone. If you hate it that much purify then just continue helping no one.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Global messages are 99% trash talk. Being able to turn them off is a good thing.
that which pods you makes you stronger
ipod
Quiet One

Post by ipod »

Ok how about having the option to receive newbie global messages! That would solve the problem!!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: How to build a player base (1)

Post by JettJackson »

rejected
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all