How to build a player base (3)

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

ipod
Quiet One

How to build a player base (3)

Post by ipod »

Get rid of that newbie alliance crap. Stop candy coating the game with newbie codes and restrictions. Restrictions makes new players quit. Let them learn the hard way.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Half Baked Idea #3:

You just want to kill noobs don't you???
Remlak
Beta Tester

Post by Remlak »

whats wrong with killing newbies?

edited, as posted in another thread
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

The problem is that Newbies see ZERO player interaction in the newbie galaxy, they are bored out of their skulls cause there is no one and nothing to do.

Currently in beta there is a system implemented for newbies something like:

Newbies take 25% normal damage
Fledgling take 50% normal damage
Begineers take 75% normal damage

The problem with the newbie system is it was designed badly from the start. What newbies need is something like the above in combination with real game player interaction (seeing other people), a good tutorial for SMR, and more than 500 pathetic newbie turns..... perhaps another Tired system for newbie turns.

Newbie gets 2000 newbie turns
Fledgling gets 1500 newbie turns
Beginer gets 1000 newbie turns

All of these things I am sure some of you will play devils advocate in and say its horrificly unbalancing and abusable, but I think the advantages the game could grant to new players serve as a greater incentive for VET alliances, to take on and train a certain number of new players to get the advantages that come with recruiting and training new players. I also think most of us have been around the block a few times and can handle it without to much trouble.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: How to build a player base (3)

Post by JettJackson »

rejected
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all