Special Tech.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Special Tech.

Post by N.ator »

currently in the game there are special tech. you can get for you ship,(cloak, illusion, drone scambeler)

now with these systems , it allows the ships that can carry the system to allow the player to have a little advantage somhow..

now how much do these special technologys cost? what was that? 500k or less!!!!!!

suggestion: i believe that the special equipments should be more special. and to make them more special raise the prise. what about making instead of 500k, make it 5 million? i belive these devises should range from 2million or higher.
ImageImage
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Eh I dont like this idea. The tech the ship can carry goes into it's value. When picking what bird to fly the equipment it carries and the price play a role. If you change the equipment cost without reducing the ship price you will upset the delicate balance.

Also a person who is flying a smaller ship, lets say IST. Would probably not get a JUMP DRIVE. Espceially if they are alliance-less noob. Because the cost would be ridiculous compared to the ship price.
Last edited by Astax on Sat May 05, 2007 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ipod
Quiet One

Post by ipod »

this tips the balance in favor of vets, i vote hell no
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

So a IST with jump costs me 10mill...ummm....no thanks
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

and ist wont cost 10 million..i was just using that as an example for 5 million..but the thing is though that it should cost some money to get these special aquipments!! the less people that have them the more rare these things are..if you think about it..its not that much more money you are paying for that ship when an FU is 40 million..
ImageImage
archangel

Post by archangel »

the cost of the technology is already in the cost of the ship.....the nijarin drone scrambler is very powerful, accordingly the fury, which has very few other benefits apart from an extra HP, is the most expensive racial WB. ships with jump drive like the FU and the destroyer are all expensive, and the DC would be extortionate if you didnt get the ability to get a cloak with it.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

archangel wrote:the cost of the technology is already in the cost of the ship.....the nijarin drone scrambler is very powerful, accordingly the fury, which has very few other benefits apart from an extra HP, is the most expensive racial WB. ships with jump drive like the FU and the destroyer are all expensive, and the DC would be extortionate if you didnt get the ability to get a cloak with it.
what about the ist? it can have jump.

everyone is saying the price for the special technology is combined. then why is the Dark Mirage 10088764 $ and it can hold cloack..when the TAC is 12789862..??
ImageImage
archangel

Post by archangel »

imo the DM is way under priced....but then the only change to be made is to raise the price of the DM, not the technology. And paying 4.3mil for an IST is fine cos its a flying death trap
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Poca wrote:

everyone is saying the price for the special technology is combined. then why is the Dark Mirage 10088764 $ and it can hold cloack..when the TAC is 12789862..??
That's because all Thevian ships are faster than their coutnerparts. That is their thing instead of getting a ship tech. But dont ask me why DM is so cheap. Think cloak is priced less than otehr tech because cloak only works in certain situations. You need high XP to use cloak. Where as u dotn need xp to use jump drive or illusion gen.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Astax wrote:
Poca wrote:

That's because all Thevian ships are faster than their coutnerparts. That is their thing instead of getting a ship tech. But dont ask me why DM is so cheap. Think cloak is priced less than otehr tech because cloak only works in certain situations. You need high XP to use cloak. Where as u dotn need xp to use jump drive or illusion gen.
no you dont need high experience to use cloak! cloak can be used at any experience you have..for example if you are only 10k cloak could still be useful if you are fighting somone 10k or lower in exp. see cloak can be used for little guys just as good as high guys.
ImageImage