Drones

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Shtoopid
Quiet One

Drones

Post by Shtoopid »

Add combat drones to the gun list for ordering weapons. Would allow folks to decide when in the battle to launch there drones. I.E. set them to go out after shield weapons but before armor. While it would make them slightly more effective in gunships with drones(ikky wouldn't be affected much), the trade-off would be the drones would hit mines before the armor weapons do.

Give drones a setting of, defensive, offensive, or normal. Defensive would give you a penalty of say 20% off the top of the number that would attack but would give you a 10% increase in the CDs ability to soak up damage. Normal is self explanatory. And offensive would give them a 10% bonus to the number of drones launched in an attack and the penalty would be either 20% less damage to kill drones, or 20% of drones will not be available for defense. (E.G. once you kill 320 drones on a MS you would hit armor.)
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i like both of those ideas..
ImageImage
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

Mmm I like the idea of a super ITAC for hunting traders :D , but gotta be careful if found by a warbird. :shock:
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i also have another suggestion..how about making the ms no scanner. people always say its too powerful...this will limit its power some.
ImageImage
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Poca wrote:i also have another suggestion..how about making the ms no scanner. people always say its too powerful...this will limit its power some.
this would be a little too cruel to ikky's because of their vulnerability to mines.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

Poca wrote:i also have another suggestion..how about making the ms no scanner. people always say its too powerful...this will limit its power some.
NO bad idea for the same reason Ard said!
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

i find myself agreeing with ard
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

No scanner doesnt work but drone settings could be cool.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Drones

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Shtoopid wrote:1.
Add combat drones to the gun list for ordering weapons. Would allow folks to decide when in the battle to launch there drones. I.E. set them to go out after shield weapons but before armor. While it would make them slightly more effective in gunships with drones(ikky wouldn't be affected much), the trade-off would be the drones would hit mines before the armor weapons do.

Give drones a setting of, defensive, offensive, or normal. Defensive would give you a penalty of say 20% off the top of the number that would attack but would give you a 10% increase in the CDs ability to soak up damage. Normal is self explanatory. And offensive would give them a 10% bonus to the number of drones launched in an attack and the penalty would be either 20% less damage to kill drones, or 20% of drones will not be available for defense. (E.G. once you kill 320 drones on a MS you would hit armor.)
1. How would this not affect ikky much? If anything it could make Ikky ships even stronger offensively. You'd be able to control garenteed damge on every shot, hell I'd hate to see an ITAC that could do this, they'd be even harder to kill.

2. While I like the idea of more customization in general, again this is something that would benefit Ikky more than any other race. An MS already hits damn hard and is freaking hard to kill, this would easily make the MS way more powerful in ship/ship combat. And dont even get me started on an ITAC which already takes on most top racials with ease.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

how? Itac has two weapons, MS has one. Setting when drones hit does not really make much difference there. Is more of a help to Dessy or DC. As for the second one, the offensive mode would work well while hunting but used on a MS or ITAC would result in it being an easy target for an armed ship. Defensive would be good for trying not to die but would cut damage alot and thus not really be much help in a fight.