Player Loans

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Smor
Quiet One

Re: Player Loans

Post by Smor »

Sterling wrote:Maybe the bank can be used for more than it is now? Let's introduce player loans?

We can have a smart algorithm for a player's credit worthiness, including deaths v kills, total profit, whatever. A player would have to have money in the bank to automatically withdraw for repayment of their loan, and can repay it in full whenever, but minimum daily, 2x daily, or whatever payments are needed basedon game speed.

if you miss a payment you get a warning, miss 2 and you are docked some turns, miss 3 and you take a pod from the banker.

This can be a boost when cash is tight. Loans wouldn't be available the first week of the game.
not bad, that would help noobs when they need ship or something too. maybe even to turn it into option for players without big alliances again. if u are in armory or crus or something, loan from your teammates... that guys know how to make cash so just get it from them... and if u are alone or something then someone should take care of you, lets call it govermant in this case...
Please send me pm ingame or here with corrections of mistakes i did.

Faded Image, Sector 7G, ~Vodka Traders~, The Order, Reincernation, Reborn Again, Rebels, The Guild, Veil of Avalon, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas, Armory
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I don't like it, it will just chase players away faster - they will get in cash trouble, get a loan, and quit playing as soon as they are reminded they need to pay it back.

In the NHA, I get players any ship they need, and reward them with top ships if they manage to make even minimal progress. Call me biased, but the NHA should be promoted as a way to get both the advice and ships these players need.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Many other games have this feature.

If it were properly designed, with loan max limits, a high interest rate, and a daily auto-payback from the player's personal account (which is how most other games that I've seen handle it) it would help the solo player/small alliance while not giving big alliances an advantage.
that which pods you makes you stronger
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Player Loans

Post by JettJackson »

rejected, money is decently easy to come by right now
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all