Newbie Killing

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

DarthNihilus wrote: The suggestions I have seen does nothing for the Fledgling player "oh so what, an Elite can't hunt them or they'll get a negative to their XP." That still leaves everyone else below elite or however this was figured out to work. It doesnt fix anything. It damages the higher Level Class players (first I heard about a MASTER rank).
Please for the love of god, I know you're biased considering your friends but at least pretend like you read the thread before you continue to make the same argument that was not and is not valid any of the times you made it. I saw these concerns and adapted it for them(Im not trying to force changes down peoples throats either, this was an idea nothing more, ideas can be changed to work better if you attempt to do so. Try Constructive criticism don't just whine if the idea truly sucks it will not go anywhere you dont have to post 9 times about why you don't like it). As it stands right now,
THERE IS NO XP PENALTY!!!!!
If you kill those substantially below you in rank you just don't gain anything from the kill. So those that want to can still pod newbies to there hearts content, there just wont be any benefit in it for them. You can have your mates kill a noob draining your route or whatever but there shouldn't be any reason to have players actively targeting noobs because they are easy kills(which is the current situation).

Too the second half, you talk about training noobs, sure if they can learn to escape the games top hunters they are in good shape, but asking somebody whos never even seen a hunter to all of a sudden have to try and dodge the best of the best(and failure leaves them with absolutely nothing) isnt fair to ask of anybody. Why are you so against the idea of giving them a time to be hunted but by other noobs for the most part. They might die but they have a hell of a lot greater chance of survival. Besides I dont want to stop them from getting hunted. Hunting is an important part of the game and something that they need to learn how to deal with, but I think the idea of going from no risk to maximum is retarded. Give them a chance to learn to avoid people instead of learning how to get free trips back to there HQ. And also, there really isnt that many active fledgling players out there(most of them quit at that point for some odd reason). The target base being eliminated is not huge and good hunters will not even be bothered much, if at all.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

DarthNihilus wrote:
Purify wrote:Man now you sound like JJ..... but i'm pretty sure you're Lotus.... or does JJ = Lotus.... hmmmmmm

btw this map had nothing to do with Ardbeg, it came straight from BOBs brain!
No they are seperate people. I know I have spoken with them on phone unless he switches his vocal pitches. Lotus called me last friday to say hi and A called me last game to tell me to park my ship (I was logged off above the planet)

Also you are wrong BOB had nothing to do with this maps design it was based upon Curufirs map which he did for last round which I believe we used Lotys map for Shantytown. Also I do believe it was I who brought it up (Curufir's Map, that is) when we was talking about map ideas for this round.
Nope a2 = lotus..... his posts are exactly like lotus' posts... Lotus has even told me he would go back into his 'black hole' before when he was done arguing.... definitely Lotus...

Well... the map still had nothing to do with Ardbeg... the way BOB was defending it, it seemed that it was his idea... regardless, its still a bad map...
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I don't know what the map has to do with this thread. But if everyone needs to know the Map was a cut down version of Curufir map. I asked for it and it was approved for the contest. So if you want someone so you can say "hey its a bad map" you can say it to me. But please do it in another thread not this thread.

With that out of the way please back on topic.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

The map just magnifies the problem. It doesn't really cause it.
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Just watched as an Italic player was wasted by an Elite. Obviously Italics do not provide much protection and plenty are eager and waiting to shoot them.
TK
Quiet One

Post by TK »

please read my thread: http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?p=86092#86092

implementing this would do away with the pointless italic system.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Newbie Killing

Post by JettJackson »

overpowered plus newbie kills dont count anymore

rejected
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all