Newbie Killing

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Astax wrote:
Harry Krishna wrote:I like this idea in concept. The benefits to the game need to be weighed against the downside of not gaining experience and possible negative uses of it.

As for the Crew/SF debate:
When confronted with adversity, alliances have two choices. They can tighten their belts, regroup, and keep going, or they can pack it in. SF leaders chose the latter.

I have nothing but respect for all the SF who fought against us. With 2 months left in the round, there is still alot of time for a comeback.
Enjoy the game, when FH falls it will be you and Armory. I'm sure it will be very fun for you. Myabe you can even recruit all of FH to your side. Damn that makes for exciting game doesn't it?
You have no idea.
that which pods you makes you stronger
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

actually that sounds pretty close to reality HK
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

To be one of two alliances left standing would be an honor. The rest of you can eat it.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Who wants to fight armory, you guys are boring in the extreme, besides, you fed, you dont op, and you spend most of your time killing noobs. WTF is the point of trying to fight armory. You guys refuse to fight. JJ wont leave fed if he thinks there is a cru member within two jumps of him. Any attempt to fight armory is a waste of turns and time. It sucks for us when SF quits it means our possible encounter list is cut in half, if FH quits Cru is screwed, we wont have anything left to fight with. Its a boring game if you have no competition. You all keep making these accusations about how it is we like to crush noob alliances but yet you havent stated one possible thing we would gain from doing so. Sure this time we found a bonder and made a ton of money but that was not the point of the attack, we just wanted the galaxy. Would you really expect us to find that bond and your fleet parked there and just walk away. What would you have us do as an alliance. If we cant ever attack SF or FH because they are noob alliances, what are we supposed to do. FH and SF can take care of themselves in a fight and FH whipped our ass. Im one of the noobs that cru has taken in, not one of the vets. I still suck but ive learned a ton playing with these guys and I learned alot playing against them with AoC while it still had honor and good players leading it. The major reason SF suffered such a major defeat was luck, there were alot of good players on both side of the fight.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

STEBO48858 wrote:actually that sounds pretty close to reality HK
ballz...
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

B.O.B. wrote: 1. Read at least the first page before posting (not every post, but read the main threads on most), so that things don't get posted over and over.

8. Don't flame people who disagree with you. When you post expect people to disagree.
This thread is moving off topic, please only post if you can stay on topic. Or this thread will be locked.

Shtoopid wrote:Lots of new traders are being killed. People voice sentiments about it but it still remains a viable way for unscrupulous players to boost there xp. What if we set up something off the player ranking system to change it so killing players much lower ranked then you will not gain you anything, but not make it impossible so they cannot be used to clear or something like that. The idea being for ever level of a player below you beyond two, you loose 5k xp for killing them. So an elite player that kills a fledgling will loose 10k experience. They can still kill them if needed, but it will not be a profitable situation. There would be no provision for fleet fights so people don't go making noob multies to drag around. Besides, If its just a simple level calculation, it will probably be much easier to code. They don't even have to take out the xp gain from the kill, the loss should far outweigh it.
a2
Quiet One

Post by a2 »

Last edited by a2 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Man now you sound like JJ..... but i'm pretty sure you're Lotus.... or does JJ = Lotus.... hmmmmmm

btw this map had nothing to do with Ardbeg, it came straight from BOBs brain!
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

If something is broken do you fix the unbroken half or do you fix the broken half? Why mess with hunting? Nothing seems wrong with it it is just fine pods here and pods there pods everywhere. Problem is Fledglings dieing and getting disillusioned about the game.

What is a Fledgling? IMO A Fledgling is a gloryfied noob. Thats what I was and I am still a newb but as a Fledgling a knew only a tenth of what I know know. Maybe the fix should not be against something that isnt broke, but look at the prob. The suggestions I have seen does nothing for the Fledgling player "oh so what, an Elite can't hunt them or they'll get a negative to their XP." That still leaves everyone else below elite or however this was figured out to work. It doesnt fix anything. It damages the higher Level Class players (first I heard about a MASTER rank). It basically turns the Fledgling into a third tier newbie. Which suprisingly they still are. They have proven the ability to move about and gain XP but they still have not gotten the ability to survive.

They are still newbie but with a vet standing meaning They can be hurt like a vet.

They start out in a somewhat EMPTY Racial Galaxy, and then as if they where crossing the street and gotten hit by a semi, that quick, no fan fare, they are in a Racial galaxy over run with ships, scouts, mines, vets, hunters, and competitors after the same trade good. No easy transgression.

What I think we should do is make it so Fledgling are only worth half xp. Average should be average and thats that to get to average you have to have some understanding of whats going on.

My point is if they dont feel the pinch as bad but realize that hey I can get hurt out here then they might just stick around a little longer to be a big kill.

AND AS A SIDE NOTE:

I LEARNED MORE ABOUT THIS GAME, LAST ROUND, FROM ORCA THAN I LEARED IN THE 3 ROUNDS PRIOR.
Last edited by DarthNihilus on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Purify wrote:Man now you sound like JJ..... but i'm pretty sure you're Lotus.... or does JJ = Lotus.... hmmmmmm

btw this map had nothing to do with Ardbeg, it came straight from BOBs brain!
No they are seperate people. I know I have spoken with them on phone unless he switches his vocal pitches. Lotus called me last friday to say hi and A called me last game to tell me to park my ship (I was logged off above the planet)

Also you are wrong BOB had nothing to do with this maps design it was based upon Curufirs map which he did for last round which I believe we used Lotys map for Shantytown. Also I do believe it was I who brought it up (Curufir's Map, that is) when we was talking about map ideas for this round.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.