Newbie Killing

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Shtoopid wrote:You armory guys take this as a personal attack on you. Thats a nice ego but your not the only ones killing noobies. You claim on multiple threads you want the game to change and grow, but yet when it comes to doing anything about it, your useless at best. You are totally happy with change only if it changes nothing. Perhaps you will stop blowing smoke up everybodies rectum and just admit it, your on top right now and are willing to drive the game into the ground(which in your own words you said the lack of change is doing) for personal gain. What freaking hardship would it be for you to have to target adepts and higher. My god, I wont have some idiot that just trades on my scouts and sits in sector for 10 seconds how will I ever get a kill now. Not to mention you continue to attack it and I adapted the idea accordingly. But you just respond with the same arguments against the original. I am trying to work out an idea not dictate one. As its stands, there is no penalty for killing a noob. Masters will be grouped with elite players so nobody is stuck being unable to gain from killing adepts. Last of all, the argument "people will create multies to cheat" is rediculous on the face of it. Multies are already cheating and already in use. If people create multies they will be banned and good riddance.
Armory is not the only alliance driving out players, Hardened Crewminals and their affliate alliances Porkers and Crusaders College are killing the game by hoarding pretty much the entire active playerbase that is capable experienced enough to be an asset. I know State Force was frantically trying to recruit pre-breakup but couldn't find anyone active because guess what, they were in Crusaders College rotating into HC to help them destroy SF. Now you have 14 or so great opers without home that are gonna be relagated to trading because they didn't have a chance because some other alliance was hogging all of the actives.
-when there is a will there is a way
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

DWill wrote:
Shtoopid wrote:You armory guys take this as a personal attack on you. Thats a nice ego but your not the only ones killing noobies. You claim on multiple threads you want the game to change and grow, but yet when it comes to doing anything about it, your useless at best. You are totally happy with change only if it changes nothing. Perhaps you will stop blowing smoke up everybodies rectum and just admit it, your on top right now and are willing to drive the game into the ground(which in your own words you said the lack of change is doing) for personal gain. What freaking hardship would it be for you to have to target adepts and higher. My god, I wont have some idiot that just trades on my scouts and sits in sector for 10 seconds how will I ever get a kill now. Not to mention you continue to attack it and I adapted the idea accordingly. But you just respond with the same arguments against the original. I am trying to work out an idea not dictate one. As its stands, there is no penalty for killing a noob. Masters will be grouped with elite players so nobody is stuck being unable to gain from killing adepts. Last of all, the argument "people will create multies to cheat" is rediculous on the face of it. Multies are already cheating and already in use. If people create multies they will be banned and good riddance.
Armory is not the only alliance driving out players, Hardened Crewminals and their affliate alliances Porkers and Crusaders College are killing the game by hoarding pretty much the entire active playerbase that is capable experienced enough to be an asset. I know State Force was frantically trying to recruit pre-breakup but couldn't find anyone active because guess what, they were in Crusaders College rotating into HC to help them destroy SF. Now you have 14 or so great opers without home that are gonna be relagated to trading because they didn't have a chance because some other alliance was hogging all of the actives.
Not even gonna bother.
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Good, because nothing you would say would convince me of how righteous you were in doing that anyways.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

i dont see too much of a problem with this idea. Making it so that the gains are alot less by killing adepts or average players makes sense..why not have the rankings mean something? Why not reduce the amount of experience gained from podding newbies, or adapts. Kah and JJ you take totally irrelevant points and insert them jsut to take the discussion away from an idea so that it gets locked.

Implying that he suggested this just so that he could benefit from ti becuase he is an adapt is probably the stupidest thing ive ever heard..but what should i expect from who said it.
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Since this thread has been hopelessly hijacked by those that oppose the idea, somebody please delete it.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

DWill wrote:Good, because nothing you would say would convince me of how righteous you were in doing that anyways.
cause...... it was done to us in previous games... and we made the same arguments you are making to no avail, had good suggestions, but nothing happened... I still stick buy those suggestions btw..

soooooooo, if you can't beat them join them?
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Purify wrote:
DWill wrote:Good, because nothing you would say would convince me of how righteous you were in doing that anyways.
cause...... it was done to us in previous games... and we made the same arguments you are making to no avail, had good suggestions, but nothing happened... I still stick buy those suggestions btw..

soooooooo, if you can't beat them join them?
Don't give me that, Crusaders is one of the longest and most exculsive dynasties out there, responsible for dominatinig a lot of of newly formed alliances. Other groups have had to struggle to get vets, or fill roster using newbs and end up getting destroyed by you because they don't have the experience or talent to go up againist you guys. A lot of guys had their first planet bust in SF, and for a lot of them it will be their last. So don't pull its the world againist Crusaders nonsense with me.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

awww, the poor SF kiddies had their planets taken so they can't play the game, poor babies! Grow up and stop whining, anyone who leaves the game just because of a little adversity has only themselves to blame for being pathetic losers. Crusaders got to where they are by having their asses handed to them by DC game after game, and by learning from their defeats, persevering, and then eventually defeating DC. Even when I was leading busts on their last planet in a game, I had respect for the perseverance and dedication Crusaders showed. Good players grow and learn from defeat, they don't cry about it.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Your perceptions from the outside seemed to be skewed.... Crusaders let plenty of new people in and are not exclusive at all.... there's just a core group of players who mesh together well... as with the 5 armory guys who always stick together... Besides, State Force, what 'newly formed alliance' have we crushed??? I really can't think of any... we often try to have NAPs with noobish alliances...

Furthermore... you had the backing of the whale, it wasn't just a 'noob' alliance we were fighting, because whoever we fought he would feed money... if your leaders had just admitted their inferiority to him he woulda been more than willing to show you how to beat us.. (btw i totally respect DW for not, and would fly with him anyday)...

Finally, you make it sound like we were the only ones who rotated people in... when you as well rotated people in to OP us... Crusaders have always tried to help the newer players by setting up training alliances giving them money or information, to say that we are running them out of the game because of one conflict?... is ridiculous
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

this idea in my opinion would never work why not just bring it back to how we dicided before, they can see eachother in racials but there are no examine buttons therefore unable to attack and unacble to desoty eachother forces and wont ping the other man. thas the way to do it!
ImageImage