Newbie Killing

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Yes you always had your core to fall back on. But it isn't a morale booster when a new group trying to form gets rolled on by established vets. You cannot honestly believe yourself when you say that your newbie training alliances do more than what you would do if you guys split up and intermingled with a few other alliances of more novice players. Same goes for everyone else out there, but right now what crusaders is doing is very detrimental to the game.
-when there is a will there is a way
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Oh and purify, DW knew what had to be done to "beat" you, he just couldn't get enough people on to do it. The same 14 people from State Force oped every op, the rest were sucked up by Crewminals and the rest is history.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

You don't think what the whale and his group does is worse????.... Say, you have an alliance like System Failure, who has been going along for a few games, getting players, opping, successes and losses.... one game the whale says... i wanna join next game.... so... of course the leader lets him in..... him and his group join they play a 'Whale style' game, which is strictly listening to him, not wasting turns, efficeint trading/arming/mining blah blah blah...... Alliance dominates the game.... Next game, people are sick of playing 'whale style' (or not sick as the case may be)... and thus the alliance breaks apart, having to rebuild from scratch...

A few games later..... a new group of people are playing together called Army of Cuda..... they have noobs and such but OP, are active have successes have failures.... whale says me and my friends wanna join next game.... they do... they dominate.... they break apart...

I cannot see how attacking one 'noobish' alliance, in one game, who had level 60+ planets + a billion credits not to mention (big assets)... is worse than breaking up two very active alliances who were having fun every game...
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Its not the fact that Crusaders attacked State Force it is the fact that Crusaders snagged every active player that might make State Force competitive, then used those said active players to smash SF, taking all of their hard earned assets, and scattering a flowering core. Sure it was within your right, and fair game play. Sure other alliances have done it before to Crusaders too. But Crusaders were able to take the heat because they were a very well established group. What you guys did was completely devastate a flowering group with ruthless tactics that are better used againist alliances composed of pure active vets, not a more novice group like SF. Those other alliances let orca in and I'm sure they learned a lot as well, all SF asked from you was a fair fight. Do you think you taught them a lesson more beneficial than being able to attempt to planet bust Fundamental Hypocrisy the rest of the game? I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that one....
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

Purify wrote:You don't think what the whale and his group does is worse????.... Say, you have an alliance like System Failure, who has been going along for a few games, getting players, opping, successes and losses.... one game the whale says... i wanna join next game.... so... of course the leader lets him in..... him and his group join they play a 'Whale style' game, which is strictly listening to him, not wasting turns, efficeint trading/arming/mining blah blah blah...... Alliance dominates the game.... Next game, people are sick of playing 'whale style' (or not sick as the case may be)... and thus the alliance breaks apart, having to rebuild from scratch...

A few games later..... a new group of people are playing together called Army of Cuda..... they have noobs and such but OP, are active have successes have failures.... whale says me and my friends wanna join next game.... they do... they dominate.... they break apart...

I cannot see how attacking one 'noobish' alliance, in one game, who had level 60+ planets + a billion credits not to mention (big assets)... is worse than breaking up two very active alliances who were having fun every game...
u are forgeting few really important things.

all those guys had chance to learn alot of new tricks and to see how it is done by vets. expirience and knowledge they get from playing with orcas friends are something that no other alliance will get from being pwned by crusaders.

in nd round we fought crus until we destroyed them. we joined alliance that was getting their a**es kicked by crus game after game and showed them that they can fight crus and can win. team work is important. after that aoc started war on us so we cleared them out of game as well. all that time, 2 newbie alliances were located in galaxies that were <10sectors away from our warps. we never busted them.. let newbies play their own game. i think jesters guys had chance to learn some smr playing in that game.

in suckas round we decided to do same thing, to join alliance that crus were messing with game before that. only difference is that aoc won fight with crus in illusion game (yeah, with our huge help). but still idea was to make alliance, 15 from aoc, 15 from illusion and pwn crusaders one more time. it was done again and again we never oped against newbie alliances. yes we were messing with their ops when we are borred but never busted them and claimed their land or something. and when we messed with their ops that would be like 1-2 guys against 15+ opers. again im sure that aoc guys learned alot from that games.

actually fact that some of them are happy to play with us this round again showing that we earned some respect outthere.

atleast what we are doing is giving chance to guys that were getting cleared by vet alliances like crus to learn how to fight them and how to defeat them. even if that alliances never play together again, they are better players after game like that.

and about sugestion this thread is about, it is terrible, for many reassons that are said allready. it will affect illusions mostly but not cause we depend on killing noobs, but because we are having most of high ranked players. if something like that happens then we never can play oping game again.

yes, i agree with some guys here, this is only one more try to hurt illusions mainly.

plus do u realize that u will lose some newbie hunters from game too. who will soul or candy kill if something like this takes part in game?
Please send me pm ingame or here with corrections of mistakes i did.

Faded Image, Sector 7G, ~Vodka Traders~, The Order, Reincernation, Reborn Again, Rebels, The Guild, Veil of Avalon, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas, Armory
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

The posts by DWill & Smor are misleading and totally subjective viewpoints on the current state of the game. They are so far from reality that I'm not even going to bother trying to argue any more.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

DWill wrote:Its not the fact that Crusaders attacked State Force it is the fact that Crusaders snagged every active player that might make State Force competitive, then used those said active players to smash SF, taking all of their hard earned assets, and scattering a flowering core. Sure it was within your right, and fair game play. Sure other alliances have done it before to Crusaders too. But Crusaders were able to take the heat because they were a very well established group. What you guys did was completely devastate a flowering group with ruthless tactics that are better used againist alliances composed of pure active vets, not a more novice group like SF. Those other alliances let orca in and I'm sure they learned a lot as well, all SF asked from you was a fair fight. Do you think you taught them a lesson more beneficial than being able to attempt to planet bust Fundamental Hypocrisy the rest of the game? I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that one....

Those alliances may have 'learned' a lot from playing with the whale... but seriously.... where are they today??? Countless, members that were on those two teams quit... others feel they have already conquered the game and go on to lead/join noobish alliances... You know what makes cru so good? its not that we're all super elite players... cause we're definitely not... it's that we're a very cohesive group that is able to survive the tough times so we can get to the good times.... There used to be other alliances like this... for example, LB was an alliance with a very cohesive group, but then the whale got mad at all of them, harassed them via chat, PMs whatever..... and made them quit... System Failure and Army of Cuda were the same way.... a cohesive group he destroyed...

You can't fault us for actually sticking together..... we do not have the most leet/experienced players in the game... we just have the only long standing group left that hasn't been broken apart by the whale... Good Luck in the rest of the game, I hope you get a chance to try and take revenge, but do not accuse us of ruining this game...

(and Sterling I think you have Adept and Average reversed :P)
Junta

Post by Junta »

What about this instead:

Say a player who is ranked fledging* and higher kills a player ranked newbie/beginner they would gain exp and whatever money the player had on them. But instead change it so they gain no exp and no money. The player who was killed still loses exp and all the money they had on them but the attacker wouldn't gain anything from the fight. It would be similar to dying to forces, and you could add that the player has a bounty put on them for killing a new player or what not. But if a newbie/beginner ranked player kills another newbie/beginner they would gain/lose exp and money just like a normal fight in the game.

I understand this could be abused, for luring, clearing, whatever else you can do out there. You would still have to kill them if they are being used for clearing your warp or what not. I think this would provide a little more safety for newbies who are still learning the game. Then again who is to say that players wouldn't hunt and kill them for the fun anyhow.

I just believe the losing exp for killing a new player wouldn't work as we all had to start somewhere and we were all killed a million times when we started out, so why should we start punishing for it now. Instead let's just not reward for killing new players. This is just a suggestion to help new players out and to give them a little bit more time and chances to learn the game.

And I just realised Sterling said the same thing, awesome job on my part for not reading. :P

*I believe fledging is where a person is no longer considered a newbie.
To fight and conquer in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy with no fight at all, that's the highest skill.
- Sun Tsu
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I like this idea in concept. The benefits to the game need to be weighed against the downside of not gaining experience and possible negative uses of it.

As for the Crew/SF debate:
When confronted with adversity, alliances have two choices. They can tighten their belts, regroup, and keep going, or they can pack it in. SF leaders chose the latter.

I have nothing but respect for all the SF who fought against us. With 2 months left in the round, there is still alot of time for a comeback.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Harry Krishna wrote:I like this idea in concept. The benefits to the game need to be weighed against the downside of not gaining experience and possible negative uses of it.

As for the Crew/SF debate:
When confronted with adversity, alliances have two choices. They can tighten their belts, regroup, and keep going, or they can pack it in. SF leaders chose the latter.

I have nothing but respect for all the SF who fought against us. With 2 months left in the round, there is still alot of time for a comeback.
Enjoy the game, when FH falls it will be you and Armory. I'm sure it will be very fun for you. Myabe you can even recruit all of FH to your side. Damn that makes for exciting game doesn't it?