Trading Accessories

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Shtoopid
Quiet One

Trading Accessories

Post by Shtoopid »

Sells scouts, CDs, cargo holds, sheilds. Scatter them about. Have at least 5 per game. Or let racial HQ uno's sell scout drones and CDs. Just to keep traders from having to run the gauntlet that is CA.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

but the only thing is that hunters will have that whole galaxy scouted!

what i think it sh4oul dbe is just scout drones, not combat drones, ikky alreayd has that, but then only that race can buy those scouts from that fed.

so salavene fed, a wq cant buy scouts from that fed, but could still uno and stuff, but then salvenes can get everything.
ImageImage
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Yeah I would love to be able to make scouts more accessible without giving hunters access to excessive scouts aswell. If you turned up the decay rate of forces in racials so that carpet scouting wasn't really viable, then maybe. Trade ships have scout slots for a reason,s adly most people cannot get scouts :( A trip to CA is almost suicidal.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

You would need to make a new class of scout drones that only tradeships can buy, and that cannot be added to teammate forces.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

How about at Alskant HQ they sell scout drones to Trader Class Ships only. When a Combat Class ship trys to buy scouts the player gets " Are you out of your mind? Go to your local C/A." Or even have the messages on a random thing so it doesn't seem so robotic where everone says the same thing all the time. (Idea for a little "color" in game text that would not affect the game)
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Other wise I do like the new scout idea ( Name suggestion: Trader's Buoy.)

My idea is the quick fix kind. This might require a little code work. Of course the only computer language I'm profiecient in is Basic (no laughing (Commodore Basic)). Im currently learning how to do HTML from http://www.tizag.com/htmlT/
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

honestly, i was unbder the impression from about 3 games ago where i could have sworn that scouts would be sold in alskant HQ starting the following game.

Why this hasn't happened is beyond me. What special tech does skant have? Nothing. The Drone Scrambler you can buy at Nij HQ, Cloak at WQ, Illusion at Salvene, CDs at Ikky, Jump at Human, and that leaves only the scanner at thevian and alskant.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Baalzamon wrote:honestly, i was unbder the impression from about 3 games ago where i could have sworn that scouts would be sold in alskant HQ starting the following game.

Why this hasn't happened is beyond me. What special tech does skant have? Nothing. The Drone Scrambler you can buy at Nij HQ, Cloak at WQ, Illusion at Salvene, CDs at Ikky, Jump at Human, and that leaves only the scanner at thevian and alskant.

wth.... don't Alskants have a ship with a Jump, a ship with a cloak and a ship with an IG???.... Scouts being sold at Alskant HQ is logical i guess... but i don't think it would help much as any hunter who visits the galaxy would have the place hardcore scouted...
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Purify wrote:
Baalzamon wrote:honestly, i was unbder the impression from about 3 games ago where i could have sworn that scouts would be sold in alskant HQ starting the following game.

wth.... don't Alskants have a ship with a Jump, a ship with a cloak and a ship with an IG???.... Scouts being sold at Alskant HQ is logical i guess... but i don't think it would help much as any hunter who visits the galaxy would have the place hardcore scouted...
Right, if anything scouts should be sold at Thev HQ which could also fit in their description as either notorious criminals or notorious bounty hunters/police.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

unless coded in as a seperate trader only scout, this is a bad idea, thou i would love to have scouts at thev hq :-p
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all