IG

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

But at the same time you need to fix the Cloak on scan. IMO both items was designed to be effective IS but able to be seen through one sector away with a scanner. Then knowledge and experience allowed you to determine the ships true type. It is the same way with cloaks. You see a cloaked ship IS but one sector away you are able to determine the ships type. So if you change one then you should change the other.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

DarthNihilus wrote:But at the same time you need to fix the Cloak on scan. IMO both items was designed to be effective IS but able to be seen through one sector away with a scanner. Then knowledge and experience allowed you to determine the ships true type. It is the same way with cloaks. You see a cloaked ship IS but one sector away you are able to determine the ships type. So if you change one then you should change the other.
agreed. scanning a cloaker would need to give an enemy vessel result like 200+ for an eos and cloaker(s), but 200 for just the eos. (assuming the cloaker is invisible to the player doing the scanning).

IG is not level dependent and works for all levels.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

which kinda sucks considering the seeming public opinion of cloak being over powered lol, but if the IG works kinda like cloak in the senses discussed, that brings the IG up to par with cloak and JD, now what about DCS? Not trying to get off topic, more of a thought spoken outloud.
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

For sure, as bad as I feel about the Salvene (not bad at all), the Fury or DCS needs an overhaul.
-when there is a will there is a way
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

IG's only fool alliance mates when firing on rocks
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Thennian wrote:IG's only fool alliance mates when firing on rocks
Yep, they afford no protection or advantage whatsoever. Cloak offers invincibility with the right experience level, IG does not. If cloak was like IG then instead of seeing nothing, you would see this in the ship list "Im Not Here" 0/0 Examine. Im all for making cloak and IG the same if thats what people want since thats all you keep bringing up, but somehow I doubt the cloaking lobby would like that. The EoS has a stronger ship defense wise(the DM has more offense so that balances it out a bit) There is not a huge gap between the two. Even then I would never propose to make the IG a true defensive weapon as Cloak is on the DM. IG by nature can never be as strong as cloak simply because it cannot stop a fight. Cloak can remove the ability to fire on somebody that is a massive difference between the two and should be remembered before all this talk of IG would be as good as cloak.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

You are right. I never thought of the differences between the 2 techs like that before. I tdoes not have the ability to affect combat in any way. Thats what made me think of this idea to improve the IG.

What is A Illusion Generator? Does it create a Illusion of a ship that you can see visually? Or Instrumentally?. I like to believe that Our little Digital ships come with a Window looking out in front and in some they have side views. If not a window then at least a camera. Then that leads me to believe that the IG creates a Visual Illusion of a ship. Then I ask myself, how are these Illusions Created? Force Fields of some kind creates the visual Illusion to confuse and trick ships IS sensors.

So with that decided upon I thought what if the IG had a chance to increase the illusioned ships /#. Meaning you think you are shooting on a ship of the illusioned class. Aiming is going to be off. You would be targeting sections of ship that is not actually there. Now this would probally work once first shot miss kinda of thing then after see those un effective hits a person should see through the Illusion. Or we could even do it so it is Level Dependent and each shot has a chance to cause the Illusion Generator to shut down.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

maybe making it so that the IG works until they are shot then it goes down like the cloak does. So scans, examine etc will show what they have up as their IG but when they fire it will disable showing their true ship/defence.
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Thennian wrote:maybe making it so that the IG works until they are shot then it goes down like the cloak does. So scans, examine etc will show what they have up as their IG but when they fire it will disable showing their true ship/defence.
That would be perfect, just if they are in a racial ship there race displayed on the cpl should match. It still wont fool those that are paying strict attention to who has what ship but it should be able to stand up to mild scrutiny.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I don't really see what's wrong with the Illusion Generator as it is..... Its already the only tech that is unaffected by XP...

In a one on one battle... it is bloody tough to fight an EOS (however used to be harder before the WQ weapon)... its very hard to know what they're defense is, and thus whether or not you should shoot or run...

A cloak is only good in the hands of people with high XP.... otherwise its useless.... an IG is always good...