Decloak tech

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

So your saying that somebody who works really hard to build a galaxy all game and doesnt even get xp for it deserves less then somebody who "works " hard trading. Traders dont have to get up at 3 am and then again at 6 to get builds. They can run 1-2 a day at their leasure and thats it. So once again I ask, why is one strategy rewarded with invincibility and one strategy isnt? And since everybody is attacking me on this, perhaps you should take a closer look at who posted the ffing thread.
Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

how about decloaking tech will allow you to see your level only- with a time delay

as an added bit- what about having 2 ships w/ decloak tech allows highest level in sector + 1 more level, so lvl 33 and lvl 21 FUs will be able to see a lvl 34 DC but no more. If you have 3 ships, lvl 35 is decloaked-

RPing stance on this- I envision a cloaked ship in a sector, a UG ship of course, where authorities are desperately scouring every inch of the sector with the cloak scanner, 2 ships with the tech will make it easier, but of course the high xp ones, the lvl 50 - would need someone for example level 44 (342,700 XP) and 6 more ships with the tech- you would have to know where they are and have 6 Fed ships w/ the tech- not an easy task in this example alone. Or you could just make that lvl 50 impervious to the system which I would personally want- though i have no goals or aspirations to get spooky.

a problem i think is a lot of people are afraid to die; so afraid cos all their effort will be lost. I died to mines today; i was confused as to why for a second, but it didnt phase me and it was just me never being in a low armor DC before! I havent died all game and it should have been one of those, DAMNIT I QUIT THIS STUPID SHIP AND GAME, but its like- I've been flying EoS's for PBing since forever and death is part of the game. i lost some XP, but you can make it back.. no biggie- being afraid to die holds you back from playing at your most reckless, which is the most fun for all.
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory
telekinesis
Quiet One

Post by telekinesis »

First i believe this suggestion as it was on first post dont even make sense.

We can see it on game balance side. Why should i go WQ them ppl can decloack me now...

Carnuth suggestion seems more ok. a Tech on FED side that allows you to eventually decloak a guy with same lvl as you. Of course that tech would be very costly to not make FED ships more expensive, but only the technology.

Sterling also said something interesting about loose cloack while getting in a sector with Forces(besides mines) or players. the % on loosing the cloack could be calculated based on the amount of forces, or amount of ships, or attack power of the ships.
Former Member of: Carnival of Souls, Nitro Express, Armada, Faded Image, The Dogs of War, The Legacy of the Phoenix, Adult Swim,Sillicon Valley, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas......
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

you can already see people the same level as you
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

seldum wrote:you can already see people the same level as you
Not if they are cloaked
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

maybe thats just beta then but I know in beta a cloaked lvl 50 can be seen by another lvl 50
Penglund
Quiet One

Post by Penglund »

no offense ard this is a horrible suggestion. How come someone who trades for 2 straight months to reach spooky can all of a sudden be decloaked by a lvl 1 player. Doesn't make much sense does it. Also, shtoopid, just because your high level doesnt mean you hit the highest all the time. i remember a while back One of DC 3 spookies died to a like a 25k MS. it happens. if this tech was put in then there would be no purpose to be a cloaker or to go WQ and we would have to seriously revamp the WQ human race and all UG ships
Alpha Factor, Willowstrance, Reincarnation, Reborn Again, The Order,Sesame Street, System Failure, Beyond DivinityDogs of War, New Dawn, Armory, Armory v2
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

i refuse to accept the argument that people "work hard" for their exp..trading is one of the most easy and boring things anyone can do in this game.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Thennian wrote:i refuse to accept the argument that people "work hard" for their exp..trading is one of the most easy and boring things anyone can do in this game.
dude sometimes it can be hard trying to get high exp! such as this game every high trading guy has been nocked down/killed because they were above armorys hunters. if your low lvl and trading, no one will go after you. but if you start getting 200k and higher man o man it gets hard to trade..defently if you arent on orcas good side :) hehe
ImageImage
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Penglund wrote:no offense ard this is a horrible suggestion. How come someone who trades for 2 straight months
Actually what's horrible is being able to trade to spooky in 2 months..... for that matter building a level 70 in 2 months.....

I hate 1.5 speed games with a passion...... and watching someone get spooky so fast just re-enforces my hate