Decloak tech

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

I don't really see any use for this tech... It's not very often you get to be #1 exp and in a cloaked ship without fear of an enemy getting above you in exp.
I think only about 10 players currently playing the game has been in that position.
=)

It takes one to be one!
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

Mar wrote:I don't really see any use for this tech... It's not very often you get to be #1 exp and in a cloaked ship without fear of an enemy getting above you in exp.
I think only about 10 players currently playing the game has been in that position.
true, and situation that we can do it now is cause those guys hunted top10 traders all the time and made it possible.
Please send me pm ingame or here with corrections of mistakes i did.

Faded Image, Sector 7G, ~Vodka Traders~, The Order, Reincernation, Reborn Again, Rebels, The Guild, Veil of Avalon, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas, Armory
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

A cloaker just makes you hunt harder and have to play a little more tactically, I dont think cloak is a problem, we have a decloaking technology, it's called a mine
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

No decloaking technology should be good, as it will just make the cloak useless.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

Sterling wrote:And there is the problem...because of speed mines aren't a good decloaking technology..
sterling, u cant be fast enough to stop mines from decloacking u. they work all the time and will decloack, u can count on that for sure.

it is you who need to make time lasting long enough.

instead of having one mine is, have 2 (2 stacks). then if guy is going to go trough sector he will be decloacked long enough and will be is long enough for u to shot.

and of course have someone who will rush cloackers back and drop 2 stacks there too. cloacker is dead then for sure.

but i guess u just cant think about something like that on your own?

ask sufex how he died in nd game... how his cloacker got blasted?

he was fast enough to run from sector where he hitted mines, but not fast enough to get cloacked, cause once u lose cloack u must recloack in order to hide. until that moment cloackers are easy kill. it is your fault that u are not at right place. we were ready for him and had plan where will who run if he gets away from sector where he got decloacked. he choosed sector where sergei was supposed to run. sergie got easy killing shot while sufex was trying to recloack.

there is always way even if u cant think of one.
Please send me pm ingame or here with corrections of mistakes i did.

Faded Image, Sector 7G, ~Vodka Traders~, The Order, Reincernation, Reborn Again, Rebels, The Guild, Veil of Avalon, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas, Armory
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

ok this is out to EVERYONE. if you trade up to 500k wouldnt you like to park anywhere you want being safe!! see the thing is most people cant or dont want to trade up to 500k so they always want to kill the people that do by a cheap hardware. If you are able to trade or kill to 500k there should be no reason why you cant be safe anywhere. and as blade said before, use a mine, use technique, use smartness to kill the 500k guy, instead of just using a little tech. to kill the guy.
ImageImage
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Then you aint doing it right. To decloak with mines against some people is a one man job but to take down some of the others it would require the TEAMWORK of more than 1 player (maybe 4 or 5 to take down The Whale.) But no one does anything about it. So what. He is claoked above everyone else. That doesnt mean he can not take a pod ride. Just is no one trys to pod him. Everyone is so scarred of Orca & Co. Why. Does shot pass by them harmlessly. Do drones fail in their presence? Do we not get a examine button on his ship when the cloak is down? Are they impervious to mines and to turn usage? Can they not be stalked and hunted and targeted. Are thier mines of a special unclearable sort? Stop trying to change the game to accomplish something that could be done with a little team work. Make changes that would make this game better for everyone. I saw 2 very sensible suggestions: Giving Fed ships a chance to see thrugh cloaks and making it so the cloak can be activated for a certain amount of time after a move. That could also work to allow other ships a chance to see through a cloak if the ship is in movement. It is moving it should be throwing weird signals allover that something is taking up that space.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Maybe you are just not paying closenough attention to the whats in sector with you. How can you say there would be a problem if the watching is based on your click speed. Some people f5 slower than others. I f5 like crazy some ships i see and some go in and out between f5ing. Maybe the fix shouldnt be in the cloak or movement rate of the ships maybe the fix should be automaticlly refreashing current sector screens. What I mean is if you are watching a CS and see 2 ships and another one enters then maybe the fix should be that the cs automaticlly updates to show the new ships entry. You can not say their is something wrong. Some times I see the ship pass a sector when im watching the other side of a warp sometimes not but my scout allways pings when a ship enters. But Im not seeing it on the detailed scan. Thats not a problem with the game thats a problem with my click control.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

like an RSS feed that would be a good deal
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

why should someone who has worked hard all game to spooky still have to worry about being seen, there is a reason spooky level was made, and people spend most of a game trying to get to it, stop trying to make this game something it shouldnt be
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all