Decloak tech

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

Carnuth wrote:how about decloaking tech (edit) LIMITED TO FEDERAL SHIPS will allow you to see your target at your level only- with a time delay of at least a minute - to search the sector

as an added bit- what about having 2 ships w/ decloak tech allows highest level in sector + 1 more level, so lvl 33 and lvl 21 FUs will be able to see a lvl 34 DC but no more. If you have 3 ships, lvl 35 is decloaked-

RPing stance on this- I envision a cloaked ship in a sector, a UG ship of course, where authorities are desperately scouring every inch of the sector with the cloak scanner, 2 ships with the tech will make it easier, but of course the high xp ones, the lvl 50 - would need someone for example level 44 (342,700 XP) and 6 more ships with the tech- you would have to know where they are and have 6 Fed ships w/ the tech- not an easy task in this example alone. Or you could just make that lvl 50 impervious to the system which I would personally want- though i have no goals or aspirations to get spooky.

a problem i think is a lot of people are afraid to die; so afraid cos all their effort will be lost. I died to mines today; i was confused as to why for a second, but it didnt phase me and it was just me never being in a low armor DC before! I havent died all game and it should have been one of those, DAMNIT I QUIT THIS STUPID SHIP AND GAME, but its like- I've been flying EoS's for PBing since forever and death is part of the game. i lost some XP, but you can make it back.. no biggie- being afraid to die holds you back from playing at your most reckless, which is the most fun for all.
I like my idea -

and maybe create another type of cloak- one for WQs which always work- one for DCs which are subject to the federal technology

and rebalance WQs?

well, i think it sounds like a fun new twist to RP it :)
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Thennian wrote:i refuse to accept the argument that people "work hard" for their exp..trading is one of the most easy and boring things anyone can do in this game.

If trading is so easy then why does everyone complain about the team with the highest kills?
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

STEBO48858 wrote:i say you leave the ;P hardware the way it is, you people who keep pushing this cloak killing ideas are just mad cus a few people know how to use it correctly and you dont, just because people are good at something we need to punish them, god i seriously dont understand the logic, next we will say hk has to fly an ist from now on cus he isnt allowed to lead an op in a wb because he is too good at it, tell me that doesnt sound dumb because how it sounds like with everyone pushing to kill the cloak, you dont like how people play with it, beat them at their own game,

adapt
I don't know how to use a cloak apparently, interesting point of view that I'm not even going to bother with. You are making the mistake of turning this into something personal, just like everyone in a certain SMR clique try to do with every suggestion they don't like. I don't make suggestions for personal reasons, I make them based on my knowledge of game mechanics and my perception of what needs changed in the game (case in point - I was against slave trading when others were doing it, and I am still against it now that my alliance is doing it). You don't have to agree with me, but argue the case, and keep the personal bs out of it.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Ardbeg wrote:
STEBO48858 wrote:i say you leave the ;P hardware the way it is, you people who keep pushing this cloak killing ideas are just mad cus a few people know how to use it correctly and you dont, just because people are good at something we need to punish them, god i seriously dont understand the logic, next we will say hk has to fly an ist from now on cus he isnt allowed to lead an op in a wb because he is too good at it, tell me that doesnt sound dumb because how it sounds like with everyone pushing to kill the cloak, you dont like how people play with it, beat them at their own game,

adapt
I don't know how to use a cloak apparently, interesting point of view that I'm not even going to bother with. You are making the mistake of turning this into something personal, just like everyone in a certain SMR clique try to do with every suggestion they don't like. I don't make suggestions for personal reasons, I make them based on my knowledge of game mechanics and my perception of what needs changed in the game (case in point - I was against slave trading when others were doing it, and I am still against it now that my alliance is doing it). You don't have to agree with me, but argue the case, and keep the personal bs out of it.
ard its hard not to when this was posted not 10 minutes after 10 crus couldnt decloak smor, im sorry if i am actually using logic and figuring out what is going on here
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

How about putting this back on topic of a Decloaking Tech....
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

it is
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

STEBO48858 wrote:it is
No your attempting to derail it and lock it again like all the rest.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

man every time i see that there is a new message at this thread and see that it is the decloack tech. i just laugh. i think mines and only mines should be used..i do agree the cloack is to powerful but i like the % chance of seeing it just like it was in beta.
ImageImage
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I could go either way on the cloak. Either leave it as is and accept the fact that some small number of players will be untouchable. Or weaken it *slightly* so that it could fail a very small percentage of the time.

The beta version was good and i fit with the spirit of a cloaking device, i.e. sometimes it fails due to cosmic radiation glancing off its energy field or whatever.

It just needed some tweeking to get the % right.
that which pods you makes you stronger
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Harry Krishna wrote:I could go either way on the cloak. Either leave it as is and accept the fact that some small number of players will be untouchable. Or weaken it *slightly* so that it could fail a very small percentage of the time.

The beta version was good and i fit with the spirit of a cloaking device, i.e. sometimes it fails due to cosmic radiation glancing off its energy field or whatever.

It just needed some tweeking to get the % right.
yeah i think the % was set a little to high because like 1 out of 3 times you would see the other guy. if we did do this we would have to work with the code and get it perfect! so a lvl 1 guy would have a 99.99 percent change seeing the cloacker. but also, we should make it so that when that guy is logged off, there is no way to be seen unless you are higher lvl then him. because if not we would just get somone that would keep leaving and entering the sector trying to beable to get that 1 % chance seeing him.
ImageImage