Decloak tech

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Trading, if you can do it at times where the player base is off line, is not work, its time consuming and annoying, but it doesn't take effort. Building a galaxy takes effort. This tech idea does not ruin cloak, it just removes your ability to park with it. Which is fair, galaxies and fed are for parking not cloak. Only reason to cloak park is to fed hunt. Which I thought everybody roundly despised. I dont possibly see how this would destroy cloak though, you still can not die, you just have to either fed or park on a planet like everybody else. I dont understand why thats such an issue for you people.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

I would say trading High is not hard. I would say it makes the game less appealing. I would love to see 50k xp cap. That way you can max out your xp and do some fighting, keep trading for money, or hunt traders. When you die you lose XP and you can go back and work off the 10k or whatever you lose, or you can go back to fighting and be less effective.

This game is too much about XP imo.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I get the feeling that some people want to weaken or disable the cloak because of the people who are using it, rather than because it is too strong in and of itself.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

no, its not that, I just dont think that it should allow you to park. For the simple fact that it takes away from the rest of the game. If you can park with cloak, why do you need planets or fed? I just think that one ability that it currently grants people is something that doesnt fit very well with the rest of the game as it is set up and is a reward incongruent to the amount of effort required.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

It's a cloaking device, it hides your ship. It isn't a parking meter.
that which pods you makes you stronger
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Their was a suggestion awhile back that suggested that the cloak uses up turns. Understandable considering it has to draw power from somewhere. When turns run out cloak shuts off.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

not trying to cripple cloak, just take away the parking aspect of it.
Penglund
Quiet One

Post by Penglund »

So your saying that if someone wants to ruin an op and sit on the warp and lay singles anymore to ruin an op they cant do that?? If they want to sit on uno path and wait for /2 mine clearer and pod them during an op they cant do that either? This tech removes many many ways the cloak makes opping fun. Also, doesnt this decloaking tech remove the featrue about the cloak of picking and choosing who, when, and where you fight? How boring is an op when there is no opposition? Heck, next thing we know people are going to wonna take CD's off planets.
Alpha Factor, Willowstrance, Reincarnation, Reborn Again, The Order,Sesame Street, System Failure, Beyond DivinityDogs of War, New Dawn, Armory, Armory v2
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

That's fine Peng, I see problems with the suggestion too - but instead of just ripping into it, suggest some other way to deal with the parking aspect of the cloak.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i say you leave the ;P hardware the way it is, you people who keep pushing this cloak killing ideas are just mad cus a few people know how to use it correctly and you dont, just because people are good at something we need to punish them, god i seriously dont understand the logic, next we will say hk has to fly an ist from now on cus he isnt allowed to lead an op in a wb because he is too good at it, tell me that doesnt sound dumb because how it sounds like with everyone pushing to kill the cloak, you dont like how people play with it, beat them at their own game,

adapt
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all