Decloak tech

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

No you should just park like everybody else. Because otherwise cheap ones will just log off in the middle of fights.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Shtoopid wrote:No you should just park like everybody else. Because otherwise cheap ones will just log off in the middle of fights.
thats another good point, but if you are 500k you should beable to park anywhere. but you do have a good point. would you think there could be a way to make it so spookies can log off anywhere safe, without fedding..?
ImageImage
Penglund
Quiet One

Post by Penglund »

Cloaks are made not to be seen, point and case. What good is a cloak if it doesnt really hide you? That'd be like the JD only jumping 2 sectors instead of the 15 you wanted it to. And ard, i'm not that creative so i will continue to point out flaws in other people's idea. Eventually i may come up with a good one, but i doubt it.
Alpha Factor, Willowstrance, Reincarnation, Reborn Again, The Order,Sesame Street, System Failure, Beyond DivinityDogs of War, New Dawn, Armory, Armory v2
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

umm peng, perhaps im unlucky but ive certainly missed by 5-6 sectors alot. I just dont get why cloak has to be perfect and infallible, none of the other techs have that. IG cant ever fool a scanner or an examine no matter the xp. JD cant jump farther with more xp. I dont know if its current or not but as far as I know JD is not effected by xp either. Nor is DCS. No other techs can grant that much power. Why is a path to invincibility a desired trait. Granted alot of people dream about getting it, but it should be like the SMS and remain a dream, a 500k cloaker is about the equivilent of somebody getting an SMS, you can no longer do anything to them, ever.
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

Well now you are going round and round and going back to this same point- you want to kill any reason to trade to 500k.

In case you hadn't noticed, it isn't exactly easy to trade to Spooky. Shouldn't the ones who do spend so many turns trading get some benefit, like logging off in the open??? What is the point of trading to Spooky if you take that away from them?

I could see something like there is a small % chance of decloaking if cloaker is on CPL, but if he goes into lurk and logs off, he should be untouchable... that is just perk for using your turns for trading instead of fun... it's kind of like abstinence... wait to have sex till your married... wait to fight people till your Spooky...
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

All i can think of on this at the moment is maybe making it so that when a persons cloak goes down (from a mine for example), when they click "Cloak" there is a chance it wont work first time. The higher your level, the less chance of this happening. I feel that any modification to the cloak should be done on the cloakers side, not on the attackers side by just making it so any user can walk in and press a button to decloak anyone.

Now. Anyone want to read my post or just pass it off as armory bias without any constructive comments? Guess prolly you prefer the latter.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

jump drive is affected by experience the higher your level the more accurate it is at lvl 50 you can do a gal to gal jump and probably not miss
Penglund
Quiet One

Post by Penglund »

Shtoopid wrote:umm peng, perhaps im unlucky but ive certainly missed by 5-6 sectors alot. I just dont get why cloak has to be perfect and infallible, none of the other techs have that. IG cant ever fool a scanner or an examine no matter the xp. JD cant jump farther with more xp. I dont know if its current or not but as far as I know JD is not effected by xp either. Nor is DCS. No other techs can grant that much power. Why is a path to invincibility a desired trait. Granted alot of people dream about getting it, but it should be like the SMS and remain a dream, a 500k cloaker is about the equivilent of somebody getting an SMS, you can no longer do anything to them, ever.
Actually, as seldum pointed out JD is affected by XP. Also, you didnt quite understand what i meant obviously. I meant that if you would try to jump 15 sectors, it would only jump you 2 sectors instead. So you still have 13 sectors to get to your destination. That would ruin the JD, as you are trying to ruin the cloak. I agree with kah, make the cloak weaker from the cloaker's side. Not the lower XP wonnabe attacker.
Alpha Factor, Willowstrance, Reincarnation, Reborn Again, The Order,Sesame Street, System Failure, Beyond DivinityDogs of War, New Dawn, Armory, Armory v2
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Decloak tech

Post by JettJackson »

unneeded, mines do the same job as does someone with higher exp
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all