Ships

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Purify wrote:Here's an example.... say your WQ and you have their 'Mortar'.... you take 5 shots with an expected damage of... 119 (Acc*damage) each.... and everytime you have to uno 15 turns away, cause you don't ant to die in the next shot, much like a Dev or MS in a level 70 bust..... so that's 150 turns... or 50 hours worth.... Now let's say you're in a DM, you will average more than 119 damage per shot not uno at all.... but let's say you die 3 times...... the arming route and returning is 100 turns..... so that's 300 turns... or 30 hours....
Why would they have to uno if they are not even in the same sector as the planet. The Dev and MS are direct fire ships. They have to at least see the target. Indirect fire means to fire from a distance. If your artillery is protected by a fleet of birds then they should have no problems keeping the Artillery alive.

Yeah they are basically the same. I may have taken my one idea and overkilled it so let me revise this a tad.

Neutral Ship: Artillery Class

Nebula Howitzer

Turns 3 or 4 they shouldnt be higher than a IST (They only serve one purpose to fire a single round form a distance). Change the rate of fire to 1 shot every 2 turns and not 1/5.

Hard Points: 1 (maybe 2: The Main Gun and one other weapon for direct fire situations

Shields: 1000
Armor: 1000

Cargo: 10 rounds

CD's: None
SD's: None
Mines: None

Special Items: None

Gun Damage 300/300 Shield/Armor, Gun Accuracy: 40%

Limitations: Shots can be blocked by masses in the Velocity Sector. Ship placement must be AT LEAST 2 sectors away (can not fire through more than one warp if we just have to have it easy) from target to be 100% effective. Im willing to say if you have a spotter scanning the target sector from a non velocity sector then your hit can hit specific targets you would be given a selection based upon his scans. Like Target Vessals. Target Forces, Target Planet. But if shot misses then you just might "Target Friendly" cant have your cake and eat it to.

Reason for making this ship:

I think this is a better idea than the "Im sitting on my homeworld launching a missle that travels through my galaxy and then passes through the warp and then travels a vast distance through a nuetral galaxy then passes through a enemies warp then travels through his galaxy then impacts upon his planet" idea. It handles the need for a long distance shot but doesnt make it to easy to do.

IS that better?
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

lol how about we park 30 of these 2 away from the inside of the planet gal. Come clear us at peak hours when we have 12 online and then as soon as we get a ping we all just click attack..and BOOM clearer dead. do that 10x and then park and lets see someone bust a rock after taking 10 pods trying to clear with no risk of danger to the defensive alliance lol
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

There are so many ways that purely one-dimensional ship could be exploited..... (thennian points out one)...

I like the missile idea much better...

The missile takes alliance teamwork and resources to build.... and creates anticipation from other alliances... it makes a reason for people to login, to see if a missile has been launched (btw i think the news should report when a missile is launched... not its target just where it was 'detected' being launched) or if yours is close to being finished... of course it would have to be tweaked so its not too overpowering.... but i think adding the ability to build something like a missile would be great for the game.

Adding a one dimensional ship that is so easily exploited is no fun at all...
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

In a situation like that Id be laying forces in the velocity sector(s). And with a turn rate or 3 or 4, 30 full time players would suffer. You would waste all your turns on a single clearer. Then his 29 friends can come in and clear you out as your leader sits in fed saying OMG I fed up by throwing everyone into a ship that is not designed to operate by itself.

Also the cost of these would probally be pretty costly 50mil maybe even more.

These ships would also work for clearing.

The way i thought about the operations of these ships is:

You have 2 Artillery Ships in place. with them is 3 -28 birds. The bird scan the velocity sector. When VS is clear the Howitzers fire. A spotter in a sector next to velocity sector can helps to aim your shot. You can clear mine fields with this (lets say forces counts as a single item if in the target sector and not the VS. If forces are in the VS then your shot automatically hits in VS sector and not target sector.

Also ship doesnt need replacing every 10 shots. You just need to buy more ammo.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

So you think that everyone sitting in their own little corners of the game universe slinging missles at each other across long distances is better than having to get up close to your target?

To me that sounds like some people don't want to work for a win.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

DarthNihilus wrote:So you think that everyone sitting in their own little corners of the game universe slinging missles at each other across long distances is better than having to get up close to your target?

To me that sounds like some people don't want to work for a win. So IMO they should go find a game where they can buy a win.
I think you need to re-read the missile idea DN. You seem to not quite understand the depth of it.

Edited: I should add here that I think that short-range missile launchers on ships is not a bad idea, either.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

first of all most alliances can only get 10-12 people to ops, so if you kill 10 ships clearing with the artillery ships 29 other ships arent going to come anytime soon..once they get new ships and turns you will be able to get some more ammo for your ships.
kerkem
Quiet One

Post by kerkem »

sorry this idea is really lame.
Kerkem
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

ya does not really add anything that would be used a lot..
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I think a towing ship might add something to the game. New technology would be a tractor beam.

Tow Truck
Shields: 100
Armor: 100
Speed: 8
Hard points: 1
Mines: 0
CDs: 0
Scouts: 0

This would be a neutral utility ship used for one purpose: pulling ships from place to place. Primarily ships that are stranded could be brought to fed or some other place of safety.

Tractor Beam: new technology installed allows for one ship to pull another at a rate of 3x normal turn cost. Limits on tractor beam are that you can't engage the tractor in federal beacon sector to pull someone out of fed.
that which pods you makes you stronger