Promoting more diverse weapon use

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Promoting more diverse weapon use

Post by Ardbeg »

I have been saying for a long time that I would like to see a lot more diversity in the ships and weapons being used. Ships are being discussed at length elsewhere, so I will make a suggestion for weapons. Quite simply, I would like to see accuracy modifiers which depend on target class. The result of this would hopefully be players adjusting their weapon configurations depending on what they are attacking.

For example, we could have lasers given +5% against warships to promote their use on the heavily armed warbirds that tend to have a cookie cutter "ideal" configuration these days. Torpedoes could get a bonus against tradeships, EM weapons a bonus against planets, etc, etc. Accuracy bonuses could be a factorial adjustment (for example, old accuracy x 1.1) or a flat bonus (old accuracy +5%).

Weapons could be classed by type (for example lasers, torps, electromagnetic, missiles/guns), by power rating, or even given indivudual modifiers.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

So instead of 1 cookie cutter you will have 3. And all the level 1 weapons and large swats of lvl 2-3s will be unused still. But it's better than nothing.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Promoting more diverse weapon use

Post by JettJackson »

Rejected, how about we get rid of a bunch of useless level 1 weapons
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all