Lost of exp from death ( Higher levels)

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Harry Krishna wrote:Perhaps it should be a flattened experience gain/loss for kills and deaths, with an additional bonus/penalty for a big difference in level.
Flattening the losses is a bad idea since that means that losses hurt low xp player much more then high xp players. We could reduce the loss to .25 instead of .33 perhaps?

The system we have now is fair. If a 500k dies, they lose 7 levels; a 400k loses 6 levels; a 300k loses 6 levels; a 200k loses 5 levels; etc. There is a slight reduction of level loss as you approach the lowest xp levels. One possibility would be that a death results in the loss of 5 levels, where the player xp after death is the starting xp for the new level. This would only kick in at deaths for players over 200k xp.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Or we could go with the same death penalty system that the mmorpgs use.
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

canff wrote:Its the same people who put everything down.... and why this game is dead... it needs to be fixed and if you don't have any ideas on how to do it don't post bs wast of time replys....
Glad you reply was just as helpful, then. Take your vendetta elsewhere if you can't handle your suggestion being criticized.

Decrease the penalty for fleet fight losses and gains, then. Should still be substantial but tailored off slightly for 3v1, 10v4 losses and such. It's not like anyone still wouldn't trigger in that situation and that way high expers won't have as much cause to whine when they get ganged.
What, you want something witty?
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Funny part is, no high xp people are complaining about the exp loss. Most people who get to high xp understand that they probably deserved to lose all the xp for being dumb and letting themselves be killed =)
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

they do.... but not many people trade high but the ones who don't use chat or the wb or play very little... other then to trade...

If the exp loss was not so great more people would risk it... and be more active...
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Kahless_ wrote:Funny part is, no high xp people are complaining about the exp loss. Most people who get to high xp understand that they probably deserved to lose all the xp for being dumb and letting themselves be killed =)
cause you very well know that having people lose less XP when they die will make the cloak weaker?????.... that's not really funny at all...

and canff... right now you are a level 35 FU and over the past 20 shots (on cru) you have AVERAGED 632 per shot.... and you are saying that when you die you would like it so that you won't lose as much XP, so that you will not need any additional trading to be able to continue firing such ridiculous shots... riiiiight...
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

canff wrote:they do.... but not many people trade high but the ones who don't use chat or the wb or play very little... other then to trade...

If the exp loss was not so great more people would risk it... and be more active...
You obviously don't know about the game's mechanics if you're making a suggestion like this.

Things like money and exp have to have diminishing returns, or the game's going to fall out of balance. Ard's suggestion of lowering it to 0.25 base loss as opposed to 0.33 I'd be okay with, as it'd apply equally to everyone and not to high expers only.

But seriously, learn about the game if you're going to make suggestions like this.
What, you want something witty?
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

canff wrote:Its the same people who put everything down.... and why this game is dead... it needs to be fixed and if you don't have any ideas on how to do it don't post bs wast of time replys....
Are you saying that if I disagree with you I am not allowed to comment? Do you really want me to explain to you where you should place that opinion?

On topic:
Do we really want more level 50 people? That would mean more trading and less hunting, pbusting, port raiding. It would also mean that laste joiners have a much harder time catching up. I would say that low amount of level 50s is a "good thing" so I would make it so you lose more on high level death rather than less.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

I want more flow in the exp system.... seeing how most people never trade past level 30......and if they do they die and lost it all or most of it for nothing......
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Sterling wrote:....i want a million dollars and a ship with 10 HP's that never misses!
You can have the ship with 10 HP's that never miss.
I want the million dollars, US Currency Please! :mrgreen:

I still think the exper gain/lost does need to be ajusted.