Lost of exp from death ( Higher levels)

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I believe he is saying a flat 3 level drop no matter what. You die you lose 3 levels. Sounds very fair for all to me.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

pretend if you are lvl 2 and die, you cant loose 3 lvl's so what, youw ould go all they way back down to 0 exp?
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Well I don't know if he is thinking about stopping it at level 0. But I like the idea of allowing it to go into the neg. So if you are at level 2 and get a pod you would be at level - 1. Your weapons would then be less then the base and you would have to trade or pod others to get yourself out of the hole.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I'd prefer to see a more complex system where your experience and rank isn't tied to a single number.

Someone else said it, on this thread or another, that trading at a port shouldn't affect a player's combat ability. I agree with that. Your ability to hit should be tied to how often you fight and win, not how good your route is and how often you trade it.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I kind of agree with you some HK. But that would only sponsor even more early hunters. It would also make it harder to balance it with the traders. As it is now traders lose more from a pod then anyone and it takes a lot longer to recover.

By breaking them apart a trader would have next to no chance of getting away from a hunter. The hunter weapons would be alot more accurate and the traders level would do nothing to decrease this accuracy.

The top ten hunters are from 100 kills to 18 kills. I was trying to think along your lines for the first part of a code by say each kill equals 1% added to the base weapons accuracy. If the average hunter gets about 10 kills a game then that would add 10% to the accuracy of weapons. Which sounds good.

You may want to start another thread with this idea so we can play with some numbers and see if there is away to balance it so it is fair.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I'll post on the other thread, but just to point out something here...a hunter wouldn't necessarily have an advantage over a trader who has high trading stats. Trading bonuses could include things like a speed or efficiency factor which could counter and balance out the attack bonuses of the experienced hunter.

Inexperienced players will always suffer to more experienced ones.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Sergei__

Post by Sergei__ »

If someone dies to high lvl guy he loses too low amount of exp. Kinda annoyed that they loose olnly around 8-10%...even 30+ lvl guys...ya i know im lvl 50 atm but its a small loss for them...especially when they outshoot me like last days...