Lost of exp from death ( Higher levels)

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

canff
Beta Tester

Lost of exp from death ( Higher levels)

Post by canff »

Talk on loss of exp... I know that a level 50 should not be loseing 1/3 ed there exp thats dumb...

We need a new way to work out pods
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Agreed, you should not lose weeks sometime months of work in 1 second. When you are at a low level you can make up the lost in a few hours sometimes even less. But high level pods can sometime never be made up within the game time left.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I disagree - if the high rankers get special treatment, it only widens the gap between them and the rest of the players. If they don't want to die, they need to avoid fights they might lose.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Quiet One

Post by Newbie »

Maybe have some sort of system to reward ballsyness? Like if you die in a 2v1 you lose less experience then if you die 1v1?

I know I had a fight earlier this round where i was at 160k fighting two lower ranked guys. I had 1 at /7 and the other at /10. I was /18 so I decided to try out my luck. One was an MS which I owned cause his drones didn't hit (and I'd already killed some) but the other hit me for 1700 in 2 shots and I died. I lost 47k experience because the one that finished me only had about 13k experience. Granted that's a big gap but it was still a much closer battle in truth.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

It's not a 1/3 loss in all cases, but often the high exp player dies to a player much lower in exp. The formula penalizes the high exp who dies to the lower exp player.

Maybe the formula does need reworking.
that which pods you makes you stronger
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

I have never been over 200k exp but i know i see so many people who get up there to die in one fight and lose a months tradeing.... there is no point to that... and it is why more people don't trade more then they do now..... why risk the time just to lose it all to fast.....
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Then don't go for lvl 50 it's that simple.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Whats the point of getting level 50?

Pros: A couple % extra accuracy and bragging rights. Cloak in some cases which might go be modified.

Cons: 150-200k exp lose in 1 death, months of the game lost.

Seems that there needs to be more incentives or there is no reason
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Azool wrote:Whats the point of getting level 50?

Pros: A couple % extra accuracy and bragging rights. Cloak in some cases which might go be modified.

Cons: 150-200k exp lose in 1 death, months of the game lost.

Seems that there needs to be more incentives or there is no reason

By months you mean month? Its irresponsible for you to exaggerate here. Don't forget that even after dying someone at lvl 50 that someone still has more XP than 99% of players.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

It should be pointed out that exp levels aren't as linear as the exp loss from deaths, and levels are what determines your weapon accuracy in fights.

Blum puts it simply; trading *should* have diminishing returns, and the bigger they are, the harder they need to fall.
What, you want something witty?